Thread: Can someone help me make sense of my Protx Payments, please

Question Can someone help me make sense of my Protx Payments, please

Hi guys,

I know a lot of you use Protx (OK, Sage Pay) here but I am just sorting my bank statements and sorting out what money has gone into the account.

The amounts they are 'paying' do not match with what I have charged the customers.

Day 1 - I have charged 81.50 for 4 transactions. They have paid me 73.50. I could appreciate that there could be 'delayed' payment of 8 but I have not charged anyone 8.

I have clicked into 'Daily Summary' and it tells me they have paid me for 3 transactions. 1 of these is at 35.50 when I charged the customer 33, another says it is 22.50 when I charged the customer 25. The 4th Transaction I charged is missing from their summary completely.

Nothing sees to match the reports I am requesting, the Daily Reports do not match the money I have been paid. And I've just noticed that there is a note under them:

NB: Batches highlighted in this manner may not have been processed by your bank on the settlement date shown and may appear in your bank reconcilliation on later dates.

I am really, really confused by this. Can someone please explain how it works as I hve no idea at all. Is there any way I can pull a transaction report to say what has been paid/refunded, this is all I need?

Thanks.
    Shop here!! and use code thankyou10 for 10% discount!!

Hi,

We have never had any problems with payments. If we are struggling to reconcile payments we use the following reports in SagePay

Weekly Bank Settlement - Use this to identify the payment and associated Batch ID (it will also show number of payments/refunds)
    Bank Settlement Details - Enter the Batch ID and it gives all the transactions associated with it (inc Order Nos)

We have never used/had need for any of the other reports.
    Last edited by Dave; 07-05-2009 at 14:44.
    Regards,

Dave

No problems here either, our book keeper reconciles our statements to the penny and has done with our Protx account for the last 3+ years so she would definately spot any payment/receipt errors.

OK, thanks. Maybe it is because it is a new account and some transactions have overlapped then, I really have no idea what is going on. I thought it might be the test transactions but it seems not.

I gues I'll hae to batch them and see if I can sort the problem out that way. Day 2 'reports' tell me that 49 has been authorised but they have paid me 84.

The kids are due home but wonce they are in bed tonight I'll have another play around with the transactions and see if I ca do a weekly rather than daily and see if some overlapped.

I also noticed that it works a day behind so if you requested the money on 17th the payment is 18th but you have to take a report of the 17th. That is confusing. Is there a cut off time for the 'end of day' because I often work late into the night. Maybe this is why. My head hurts from trying to work out just what is going on though!!

Not sure about cut-off time to be honest. If you use the reports I suggested it should help you reconcile everything with the bank account.
    Regards,

Dave

I am going to sit down and have a look later tonight. I'll report back later and see if this is what it is but I wonder if there is some sort of cut off that means some payments have carried forward to the next working day. It really is confusing.

We use Protx (SagePay!!!!) and have never had a problem with inaccurate transactions. I would speak to someone at SagePay and ask them what circumstances could trigger this. It seems weird to me.

Also, not sure what time the payment authorisations go through but I have always been able to 'void' a payment (rather than refund it) during the 24 hours following a billing run.