Thread: Does anyone use a barcode scanner?

Smile Does anyone use a barcode scanner?

Hi everyone, i am looking for a way of recording royal mail recorded delivery details for each customer.

At the moment i an having to type in the recorded (signed for) number into each of the tracking details for each order.

I am thinking of getting a barcode scanner so i can scan in the tracking details, direct from the RM recorded label, does anyone know if this will work with Bluepark?

TIA

Darren

Default Bar Code Scanner

Since a bar code scanner is only really a sort of automated keyboard, what you scan in an entry field should go in ok, not tried it with Bluepark but can't see why it wouldn't work.
    John Ayres

We use loads of them!

Take a look at http://www.thebarcodewarehouse.co.uk/ who sell loads of them!

What you need is a keyboard wedge scanner with either PS/2 or USB interface (check what you are using with your PC). We use Metrologic with no problems. CCD (or LED) types are cheaper but need to touch the barcode whereas laser types can typically read barcodes 6-10 inches away and can read larger barcodes (such as box outers). CCD will only read a barcode as wide as the unit itself.

They work simply by decoding the barcode and sending the stream of characters via the keyboard port as though you typed it yourself. You just need the cursor in the right place before you scan!

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Jonathan Read

Smile

Many thanks, i got my scanner on order and it should be with me tomorrow.

Regards

Darren
    www.reefphyto.co.uk

Scanner installed and works great ;o)

Hey,

We have almost finished having a royal mail app written that allows you to scan out the order number and the tracking number, and look up numbers etc.

Was hoping Rich would build one into BP, but couldn't wait so got a third party to write it.

Message me your contact details and i will show it to you. Made our life a lot easier.

cheers