Thread: WHAT is going on?

Default WHAT is going on?

I have just carried out a search on Yahoo! for one of our keywords, and found our site description coming up under a listing for a site called http://www.podiumvision.co.uk/ (our site is www.fatbananafeet.com). When I clicked on the link, it took me to our site, but still within the "podiumvision" domain.

Has anyone got any idea what is going on?

Pete

Hi Pete

It looks like the podiumvision domain owner or controller may have set up auto forwarding to your site but masked your domain. May be trying to drum up some interest in his site by pretending to be yours, then will revert back to his own at some stage.

On a more sinister note could be trying to con someone into thinking your site is actually controlled by him.

Mike

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm worried about, but don't want to get too paranoid. I have checked the domain ownership, and it seems to be some company in France. Not sure what to do about it.

Looks like a card scimming job, if you go through to payment its on a non ssl page, still showing podiumvision.

I'm sure Rich will be able to sort this with the ht.access file, I would put an urgent request to him, it may just be a mis routing of the nameservers but as they are shown as mistral, i very much doubt it.

By the way, I'm John of Prezziesplus, we are due to go live on Bluepark late tonight, we are moving from 'Craptinic' and I will post proper intro when we are live .

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Looks like a card scimming job, if you go through to payment its on a non ssl page, still showing podiumvision.

I'm sure Rich will be able to sort this with the ht.access file, I would put an urgent request to him, it may just be a mis routing of the nameservers but as they are shown as mistral, i very much doubt it.

By the way, I'm John of Prezziesplus, we are due to go live on Bluepark late tonight, we are moving from 'Craptinic' and I will post proper intro when we are live .
    Thanks John, and best of luck with your launch.

Pete

To confirm what I've written via email, the most likely scenario is that the previous owners of your dedicated IP still have their "A record" pointed at it. If the domain is not currently in use, the owners may not be aware that this is still the case.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

As Rich has said, it was an addressing issue, which has now been resolved by the domain hosts and nothing sinister, thanks goodness.

Pete