Thread: How to set up this discount?

Default How to set up this discount?

I've been racking my brains and I cannot work out how to do this Special Offer.

I have a bra in stock and I want to do a set of either bra/brief or bra/thong for 25.

Bra 22
    Thong 9.75
    Brief 10.50

I have set up the bra & brief set for save 8 but I am trying to set up the bra & thong set for save 7.25 but I cannot because I already have the offer on with the bra & brief set. and it says they conflict.

So how can I do this? I am going mad over how I can offer the set at a discount but I've not sold a single one and everyone else seems to have sold out of them (so the supplier tells me anway!!).

I also have another offer that I want to run when you buy a bra you get a short free but I know I am going to have trouble with that too as there are 4 different variants of the bra and one short so the shorts on the item are going to clash as well.

Is there anyway around this as I really want to put these Special Offers and I can't see how I can do it.

If it was me i'd set it up as a product variant so the customer only has to click a radio button to select the deal rather than try and do it through the discount manager. You can then have say:

Bra 22
    Thong 9.75
    Brief 10.50
    Bra / Thong Special only 25
    Bra / Tong Special only 25

Regards

Neil

It's more complicated than that Neil as they then have to choose the sizes and they do not come up - and there are around 600 variants for the size of the bra and thong/brief combined, possibly more. And it has to be done with the separate order of each item because of the stock levels.

I don't think you can do it. We've tried something similar with a set of resources when we had a lot of "set A" we wanted to get rid of. We tried doing an offer of get "set A" for 1/2 price when you buy it with either "set B, C or D" but couldn't do it because they clashed. Luckily, most of our customers ordering these items are schools ordering offline so we have set up the discounts anyway and then just switch on which discount is appropriate and edit their order. People ordering online though wouldn't be happy with this and would want to see the discount applied automatically before they check out.

Thanks for the reply.

Am I able to give a discount if people buy 2 items? I could set up some sort of discount percentage if 2 of the 3 items are put into the basket maybe. I shall have a play around and see what I can do.

Right, I've thought of a way to do it. I am putting all the items on special if 2 or more are bought!!