Thread: Can I move and change the colour a 'field' on my product page?

Default Can I move and change the colour a 'field' on my product page?

OK, another question. If you look at this item:

http://www.lingerie-heaven.com/panac...in-purple.html

Can you see it is on special?? It is kind of hidden if you do not have a big screen. Is there a way of moving the 'special offer' field to show just below the product title field and also to change the font colour to amke it stand out more? Anyone have any ideas? I have looked and looked and cannot find it for love not money.

Thanks.

If the special offer bit is in the 'additional info' field, then you can set it to appear above the product info or below the price area.

If you make any changes to the additional info area (in terms of a bg colour) then it would affect all additonal info sections not just this particular product.

I don't recall seeing a section that allows you to amend the html at a specific product level.

There are other ways of making it stand out - you could make it a graphic, make the text bigger or you could add a table cell in and colour the background.

Thanks ***********. I have just set it up as a special offer and have noticed that it has appeared below the ite,m. I intend to set up a link for it on the special offers page - buy 2 of these items and save 40% and add the products that it applies to.

It just would have been handy to have the wording above the photo really.

I am a bit dim about stuff like this, setting as a graphic would be something I have to do manually I guess and I am not sure I know how to do this if I am honest. Maybe I'll have a word with Richard on Monday morning.

Oooooooh, I've done it. Its probably a bit pathetic but I feel really pleased with myself. Now to play with it some more!!

Can anyone tell me the HTML that I need to use to change 'Special Offer: A discount of 40% is available when you order 2 items or more of selected products' into a link that when you click takes you to the special offer page. I can then add that to my page as well so people can find what other products they can buy for the discount.
    Last edited by pinkypie; 02-10-2009 at 18:42.

If that text is set at a product level, just go to the content tab, click the wysiwyg editor for the additional info section. When that opens, highlight the phrase, click the chain link icon and paste the url (or type it in) in the first box. Add a little title like "click this link to find out more info about this special offer" and click insert. Send the change and save as usual.

No html knowledge required

No WR, I went into the template editor and have set it on there in the 'Customise' and 'Product Detail' section, this will then apply to all products on Special Offer for the future - this is why I am feeling a tad pleased with myself. I just went browsing on the internet for how to change colours, etc... I want to send a link back to the special offers page so people can choose the option to buy more.

I am not sure if there is a way to show items also on offer anywhere.

In that case the html is:

<a href="http://www.yoursiteofferpage.html">Linking phrase here</a>

Cool, thanks. I'll give that a try later. Off to the take away tonight!! I did play around with it earlier but got confused by this which is what makes it say 'Special Offer, add 2 items.....'

<font color="#F62817">[IF product_discount]<hr />
    %product_discount[/IF]</font>

I had a play around with it but could not get it to work. I have to add:
    <a href="http://www.lingerie-heaven.com/special-offers.html">Linking phrase here</a> but the [ ] bits are confusing me as to where it goes. Possibly like this??

<font color="#F62817"><a href="http://www.lingerie-heaven.com/special-offers.html">[IF product_discount]<hr />%product_discount[/IF]</font></a>

OMG. It works. Thank you so much. I had tried this earlier as I found it on a web site but could not get it to work. I think I needed to put it down without all of the other html around it.

Thanks WR. Have a nice evening.