Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I prefix the URL I export with my website address?

Question How do I prefix the URL I export with my website address?

Hi, I am trying to upload my data to Google but it is saying that the URL is not correct.

When I upload it the data onto the spreadsheet it does not include my website name in the URL.

So I was wondering how I go about changing it so that when it uploads the full address appears. I've been playing around with it but cannot get it to work in the export. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

If you are using the standard Bluepark google feed it works fine. Are you trying to create your own feed by using the data export routines?
    Regards,

Dave

Yes, the 'url' field needs to include my website name.

I am not showing on Google shopping at all and this is where I am aiming to get my products. When you click the help bit at the bottom it tells you to upload your data feed so I thought I would give it a go and upload the products myself.

I've been playing with it and am determined to get my act together and get it sorted once and for all before Monday but cannot get the link to show in full. I did not know if there was something I could do on the excel worksheet to include it.

I am starting to think that I am going to have to subscribe to Ad Words to get onto Google shopping - even though it says at the bottom that they do not charge, it certainly makes you wonder. Some of my things appear on Google but nothing on Google Shopping.

Sorry but you answer is not clear. Are you using the standard Bluepark Google feed?

Also make sure in Google you have completed your site profile which includes your site URL

Check these things and let us know how you get on. You must be doing something wrong bcause honestly it does work. My feed updates every night without problems.
    Regards,

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I am looking in the Google Merchants 'dashboard'.

I am trying to do a manual upload and although I have submitted it says '0 of 854 processed'. I have exported products and have title, description, price, URL.

Yes, I have confirmed my URL with Google Merchant Centre and it says confirmed.

When I upload the data feed I get the message that they were unsuccesful because:

Missing required atrribute: condition
    (I gather I need to add this somewhere, it was not shown on the spreadsheet example but that will be easy to do)

Missing required attribute: id (854 errors)
    Please make sure that you include all required attributes in your data feed.
    Examples:

Examples:

Item Nr.Line No.442443462463563564654655661662

I have no idea what that means, ID missing?

Mismatched URL
    'The domain of your item URL doesn't match the registered domain in your account'

So for these reasons it will not upload and it says I have '0' products on the dashboard. I know that once I have done it once it will be easy to keep on top of but it is getting it right the first time.

Pardon my ignorance but where is the Google Shopping link - I've just realised I haven't seen it and now can't find it?

I'd like to use the standard bluepark feed.

Thanks.

I should be back in the office in 30 mins (car having mot). If you PM me you Google & Bluepark logins I will be happy to look into this when I get back.

Also email me the file you are trying to upload if you can.
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by icegems View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but where is the Google Shopping link - I've just realised I haven't seen it and now can't find it?

I'd like to use the standard bluepark feed.

Thanks.
    In catalogue, product data export click on the google base image at top right of screen.
    Regards,

Dave

Thanks Dave.

Grumble grumble, can't log in to Google Base as it is saying the website is associated with another account. Gah!

Gah! So bloody angry with myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did not realise that there was a direct link to Google base as well on the site, I knew about site maps but not google base. How many hours have I wasted on this - i feel a complete idiot! I've just clicked it and it has submitted it.

I think I've also cracked the upload manually so I suppose I've leant something from it too. And I've managed to catch up with Holby City and now just watching Casualty. Productive morning. And I've ordered my bracelets too while waiting for the processing.

Gah!!

Woo hoo it works. Thats for asking the question Nadine. I feel a complete pillock as I have spent 6 hours the last 24 hours trying to sort the damn thing out when it could have been done with a click of a button.

All seem to have been submitted now.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkypie View Post
    Woo hoo it works. Thats for asking the question Nadine. I feel a complete pillock as I have spent 6 hours the last 24 hours trying to sort the damn thing out when it could have been done with a click of a button.

All seem to have been submitted now.
    This is why I asked are you using the standard Bluepark Google feed?

Glad it's now sorted.
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by pinkypie View Post
    Gah! So bloody angry with myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did not realise that there was a direct link to Google base as well on the site, I knew about site maps but not google base. How many hours have I wasted on this - i feel a complete idiot! I've just clicked it and it has submitted it.

I think I've also cracked the upload manually so I suppose I've leant something from it too. And I've managed to catch up with Holby City and now just watching Casualty. Productive morning. And I've ordered my bracelets too while waiting for the processing.

Gah!!
    Did it submit it automatically or do you need to create a google base account? When I clicked it, it says xxx items exported but then it also has a little document item, so do we need to FTP it as well into Google Base or is it done automatically?

I'm all kurfuffled!!

Did it submit it automatically or do you need to create a google base account? When I clicked it, it says xxx items exported but then it also has a little document item, so do we need to FTP it as well into Google Base or is it done automatically?

I'm all kurfuffled!!
    Hi Nadine,

No it does not upload it. If you click on the document icon you can download it onto your pc. Then create a Google Base account and upload your feed.

We upload our feeds automatically. You first have to create the google feed manually in product data export and then use data scheduling to upload the feed file at the required intervals ie daily, weekly, monthly etc
    Regards,

Dave

Thanks Dave, that helps (a bit lol), it is saying that my url is associated with another account which is probably my old hosts, seems like a bit of detective work needs to be done. Thanks once more for your help.

I seem to have 2 accounts Dave, I haven't a clue what is going on but I have one page for Data Feeds in Google Base with an account number starting 2 and then another under 'Data Feeds' in Google Merchant Centre that starts with 6. They both need to be manually uploaded.

On the Google Base page it says 'Log into your Merchant Centre' and when I click that like it is a different page and I need to upload the feed a again.

That being said, I've checked status on my Merchant Center Data Feeds Tab and under the Data Feeds Tab it says that 746 of 746 items have been submitted but when I click on the data feed link for details of them it says this:

Feed status summary for googlebase_lingerieheaven.txt

746 of 746 items inserted - Processed on 15-Jan-2010 03:41 PST

Detected encoding: US-ASCII
    Detected delimiter: Tab (\t)
    Detected file format: Text

Feed-Level Messages

Error: Internal server error while retrieving 190 No. 1 - Error
    More information not available; we are sorry for the inconvenience.

And there is nothing showing under 'My Products' I have absolutely no idea what is going on!! I can see them on the Google base screen and it shows me the items, I can click the links. HOPEFULLY this is what will show up in Google shopping. I did the first submission but it was one that I created and the links do not work properly so I guess I'll have to go and delete those but *something* seems to be there - I just have no idea what it is or what it is going.

It is giving me brain ache as I have done nothing else but this last night and this morning.

We use the google product feed weekly and today have received the 'Error: Internal...190' etc.

This looks like an internal (Google) error which we can do nothing about - our products have listed ok so, we are not sure what this is.

Regards
    Jonathan Read

Thanks Dave, that helps (a bit lol), it is saying that my url is associated with another account which is probably my old hosts, seems like a bit of detective work needs to be done. Thanks once more for your help.
    This most like means you have listed on google base before for this url but had a different login?

I have had something simular in the past I the only way I could get around it was to e-mail Google who re-set something at their end!
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    This is why I asked are you using the standard Bluepark Google feed?

Glad it's now sorted.
    Yeah, I am an idiot, I thought that always meant the sitemap link on the first page.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Read View Post
    We use the google product feed weekly and today have received the 'Error: Internal...190' etc.

This looks like an internal (Google) error which we can do nothing about - our products have listed ok so, we are not sure what this is.

Regards
    LOL, that is probably because they have been inundated with a million feeds from me. Typical that the message would come up on the day I am trying to get my head around it.