Thread: Google Shopping

Default Google Shopping

Anybody got any ideas on how to improve their position on google shopping?

We are just out of the top 3 on alot of our products, just can't seem to get any further up!
    Regards

Neil.

Neil, there seems to be a lot of discussion about seller ratings at the moment and how that can improve rankings, especially Google Checkout ratings, however this could be a clever ploy to get more sellers to sign up

It seems to have taken us a long time to get to the 400+ reviews that we currently have and we do try to ensure that Google Checkout customers receive not just good but exceptional customer service so that feedback is positive.

We do seem to get into the top 3 a lot of the time in what is a very competitive area, so maybe reviews do help to bump you up.

Hi Neil,

I agree with Andy that the Google Checkout ratings could make a difference to the position of your initial listing(s). Also remember the shopper can sort by various criteria including Seller Rating and more importantly Price (shoppers always look for the best deal) so if you are competitive and could undercut your competitors even if it was by 1p it is going to help in the listings.

Andy says his market is very competitive and ours is ultra competitive. For example I looked at the product in Andy's signature and Google Products returned 3 pages of listings. Looked at one of mine products and there was a massive 44 pages

Out of interest how are you guys tracking hits from Google Products in Bluepark or don't you bother? At the moment we have nothing setup so hits will show with a referring domain of google.co.uk

I was thinking about perhaps using the Affiliate Monitor to try and separate out Google Products hits from the Google Natural Search hits?

Maybe it can already do this in Analytics? (just had a quick look and don't think it does!)
    Last edited by Dave; 04-02-2010 at 07:58.
    Regards,

Dave

We use Sagepay (formerly Protx) - can we add Paypal AND Google Checkout as well?. We have thought about the benefits of trying to appeal to these customers and possibly getting better rankings to boot. I am interested if this does help with rankings as you say but does adding multiply payment routes help to confuse customers too?

Regards
    Jonathan Read

You can add paypal thru Sagepay.

The one i may add is google checkout if it boosts my rankings.
    Regards

Neil.

Sculthope, Norfolk with a fantastic view across the fields.

We are just out of the top 3 on alot of our products, just can't seem to get any further up!
    Is that position or page 3? Either way, well done!

I'm currently playing around with the 'merchant centre' as froogle/google base is now renamed yet again.

I have SLS free toothpaste position 1 on google and merchant centre, but struggle with most other products. I have been studying the first page results of keywords I want, then trying to come up with something close to them in the 'short description'. The title is also important, but as that is taken from the meta title, which we have optimised for google, I didn't want to play around with it yet.

So far, just trying different 'short descriptions' has moved some products up a number of pages, but I can't give any exact science to it.
    Kay Reeve
    Green East Eco Friendly Products making online shopping easy and informative.