Thread: Affiliate - share a sale

Default Affiliate - share a sale

Hi all,

I am searching affiliate networks, and found well known big ones are impossible to work with (as their requirements are out of my hand, set up fee etc).

I have come up with http://www.shareasale.com/ which seems reasonably priced, and has quite good reviews from others (maybe the affiliates!).

So I am kind of thinking to go ahead.
    Before that though, I would like to ask what your thoughts are.

My questions are, although they are US company,

- Do they work with Internationally in terms of Merchants (like us) and Publishers (blogger, magazine, newspaper, and agency), so that I could market my products globally?

- Do you have any experience with them? If so, positive, or negative?

I would appreciate if someone could give me any feedback or thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Sculthope, Norfolk with a fantastic view across the fields.

Default Affilliate scheme

Had a quick look at their pricing and it still looks expensive to me. Noticed that their prices creep up after you've joined.

If you are selling in the US, I imagine you would get a few sales, but as I'm selling in the UK only, there's little point in paying all that set up fee for US affiliates to promote me.
    Kay Reeve
    Green East Eco Friendly Products making online shopping easy and informative.

Hi,

Have you considered Clixgalore? They aren't too bad for costs and although I think they are an Ausi co they have affiliates from all over.

Cheers
    Gill

Yellow Swimsuit

Quote Originally Posted by Gillf View Post
    Hi,

Have you considered Clixgalore? They aren't too bad for costs and although I think they are an Ausi co they have affiliates from all over.

Cheers
    Gill

Yellow Swimsuit
    Hi Gill,

I just Googled Clixgalore and came up with this:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...alore&gs_rfai=

Bit disturbing?
    Regards

I have heard bad things about Clixgalore and have come to the conclusion you are better trying to get good seo rankings and getting free links from other websites you can trust.

There are a lot of bad companies out there trying to making a quick buck out of small businesses like us.
    Regards,

Dave

Hi Mike & Dave,

Thanks Mike for the link - I read posts there.... the majority did not know, followed by more good reports than the one bad. I would think there is more to that situation than the person is admitting. I've used Clixgalore for nearly three years now. While they do not set the world alight with additional business there is a trickle of orders. I started on their top offering to get the promotion etc and then after a year downgraded to the free option. The only problem I had was one affiliate placing Google Adwords right above my organic listing but that was soon stopped with the help of Clixgalore. They have a number of well known shopping comparison sites on their books who also are my affiliates and that is where the majority of the business comes from.

All that said, I agree with Dave re good organic rankings... that is the best. For the other two sites, www.loves-lingerie.co.uk and the real new baby www.bikinisandswimsuits.co.uk I am considering running my own affiliate scheme. Only considering at the moment as other priority jobs to do first. But if anyone has advice on that I would be interested.

Bye for now
    Gill

Luxxa French Lingerie
    Silk Nightdresses
    Brazilian Bikinis

Running your affiliate is the same as any form of marketing. You have you spend time, but it pays off, you know your market best. I managed to get a couple of targetted info sites on board and sales have been amazing with outstanding conversion rates.

I have been looking at this site tho : http://www.profitistic.com/

Anyone heard anything about them, realise they are not amongst the big boys, but they are only over the M1 to me.
    Regards

Neil.