Thread: Does anyone use an Answering Service?

Default Does anyone use an Answering Service?

We both work on our businesses full-time but with two small children we sometimes are not in front of the phone during business hours. I have tried diverting calls to my mobile but it is hard to sound professional whilst at a 5 year old's birthday party in a soft play centre. Does anyone have experience of answering services at all?

You could try Goresponse.co.uk.

Although I've not used them personally they were used by an acquaintance and it was some time before I even twigged that they were an answering service.

Thanks Mike. I spoke to one that I liked the look of last night and they can't take credit card details over the phone due to obvious security issues. This means they can take an order but then leave a message for us to call the customer back to take payment, so it kind of defeats the object.

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    Thanks Mike. I spoke to one that I liked the look of last night and they can't take credit card details over the phone due to obvious security issues. This means they can take an order but then leave a message for us to call the customer back to take payment, so it kind of defeats the object.

could you not use them as a call centre style so they do take the information for you and then you can contact the customer to take the payment. we divert our 0800 number to call centre and then get emailed with the call information.

then we call the customer back with all the information to hand straight away, this normally helps with selling as we have everything we need to hand. and the customer doesnt have to hang on the phone whilst we route around for the right info for them.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    could you not use them as a call centre style so they do take the information for you and then you can contact the customer to take the payment. we divert our 0800 number to call centre and then get emailed with the call information.

then we call the customer back with all the information to hand straight away, this normally helps with selling as we have everything we need to hand. and the customer doesnt have to hang on the phone whilst we route around for the right info for them.

Adam
    We were hoping to use the service mostly to cover when we are not around to take calls. We haven't had a holiday for nearly 3 years without taking the laptop and diverting calls to ourselves. Our orders etc get dispatched as normal but there is no-one to take telephone orders or answer queries, so if the call centre can't take and process an order without us having to be involved then it doesn't give us much benefit. I can see that with your type of business you must get some quite technical questions, but we sell bags so most of our calls are about our returns and delivery terms or to place an order because the customer doesn't trust the internet.

My ulterior motive is to be able to go to a foreign country for a couple of weeks and leave the business behind. One day maybe......

Staff is the only other way around that I guess. even if its a temp that fills in when your away. so not full time

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Staff is the only other way around that I guess. even if its a temp that fills in when your away. so not full time
    I agree, but the whole thing fills me with horror.

lol, you dont want to let your baby be looked after by anyone else.

i can sympathise with that

it may well be a necessary step though if you do want that time away.

James

Before I set up Burlington Bags in November I managed another BP website for a year, this is how I got introduced to BP. Managing the site included taking orders over the phone and processing the credit card details, having the phoneline diverted to my landline and liaison with suppliers and warehouses.
    I work from home and am self employed and would be more than happy to do some part time work so all you hard working parents can take a deserved break.
    PM me if you want to chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Burlington Bags View Post
    Before I set up Burlington Bags in November I managed another BP website for a year, this is how I got introduced to BP. Managing the site included taking orders over the phone and processing the credit card details, having the phoneline diverted to my landline and liaison with suppliers and warehouses.
    I work from home and am self employed and would be more than happy to do some part time work so all you hard working parents can take a deserved break.
    PM me if you want to chat.
    Thanks for the lateral thinking! I have decided on another plan now so we shall see how that pans out.

Exclamation GoResponse

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    Hi KayJay, My Name is Steve from GoResponse, i came across this post via a simply google search - we can help you with your need if you still have a requirement - feel free to email me at steven.brookes@goresponse.co.uk or call me 0800 043 0443.