Thread: User Groups

Default User Groups

Rich

Thanks for these new improvements - it is going to make my life a lot easier as I am tasked with sorting out the wholesale side of the business and had been putting it off.

Also sorry again for being such a numpty today!

Nadine

Yes THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!

Yes - this enhancement is very useful. I have two queries / enhancement requests though:

1) We used to offer a certain group of customers a blanket 10% discount on their orders and they were still entitled to our regular "free shipping over 100" discount but not any other discounts (e.g if they found a coupon code,they couldn't use it alongside their standard 10% discount). How can I set this up using the user group feature. I've applied the discount for their standard 10% and ticked the "prevent public discounts" box on the user group settings but then they can't get the free shipping. I can apply free shipping via the discount manager but then that would apply to every order and I only want it to apply when the order is over 100.

2) (Enhancement request) Would it be possible to view the users assigned to a particular group by clicking on the user group. At the moment the only way of seeing who is in which group is to scroll through all users and make a note of who they're assigned to.

Thanks for your help

Our sales agents also get the regular free delivery over 50 that the regular customers get, and have just tested it out via remote control and the free delivery is still applying so thats right- unless Im mis-understanding what you are wanting?

Hmm. Yes, that's what I wanted but it's not working for me. How do you set up your sales agents' discounts? Have you set it up with pricing exceptions or as a discount type? For this I've got a discount (used to be a coupon code that we applied but is now just an inactive discount set against the user group). The only way that I can get it to apply the free delivery is to make sure the "disable public discount" box is unticked but then that allows this group to take advantage of coupon code offers in addition to their group discount, which I don't want.

It's ok. Think I've sussed it... I need to create two seperate inactive discounts to apply to the group. 1 for the 10% off and the other for the free shipping. This seems to work ok.

My brain hurts... I need a cup of tea now and reckon I've got about 10 mins before the baby wakes up....

hmm I dont know, it just works! I just have an inactive product discount assigned, and then the shipping structure set up as 2.75 for orders under 50 and free above and dont have any free shipping discounts or anything set up.

Quote Originally Posted by little-linguist View Post
    Would it be possible to view the users assigned to a particular group by clicking on the user group. At the moment the only way of seeing who is in which group is to scroll through all users and make a note of who they're assigned to.
    You can find these users via the new filter in the User Manager now.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    You can find these users via the new filter in the User Manager now.
    Ooh super - that's great. Thanks Rich!