Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interface Improvement Request

Default Interface Improvement Request

Hi, fairly new to the Bluepark set up and our site is still really in it's infancy.

However, I like the Site Stats part of the admin console, but think that it would be really useful to add a Daily User Column per day.

I know we can see how many users have been on the current day, and that there is a total of users per month, but I think the running daily total would also be useful.

Is this something I have overlooked? If not can I request for consideration in future improvements?

Cheers

Greg
    (The Vault Master)
    http://www.thehrvault.co.uk/

That's a nice idea. In terms of user visits, the system only keeps the session data for the last 2 full months, so we've added that in under the "Users Online" column on the Summary tab.

If you want to look at user visits throughout the year, you can also use the Webalizer statistics page (although the figures will differ as Bluepark's are calculated slightly differently and don't include the Admin Console etc.).

Finally, Google Analytics is fully integrated with Bluepark. Just put in your UA number in Configuration: Site tab.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

That's great I can see it now already... now that's service!!

I have already set up google analytics, i just like to see it all in one place!

Great!

Greg (A most impressed customer)

Greg,

An interesting website, pretty sure we will be coming a customer.

Are all your documents, writen by legal experts or HR personnnel.
    Regards

Neil.

They are all written by HR Professionals, fully qualified and experienced HR Consultants. The documents are developed to be pragmatic, user friendly and customisable.

It is a 'spin off' from our core activity as HR Consultants (http://www.hrsolutions-uk.com).

If you need any assistance on any HR matter... we're the ones to come too!

Discounts available of course!

Greg Guilford

Hi Me again!

Is there a way to track unique visitors to the site as well?

This would be really useful to see how much 'new' traffic we have gained.

Greg

http://www.thehrvault.co.uk

The stats in the Admin visitor stats are based on "unique" visitors. Am I right in thinking you want to see how many new and returning visitors you are getting? There is a first/last visited date besides each unique visitor within a given month but nothing that summaries all unique visitors across all the months.

Your "/bpstats" page will also give you the Webalizer figures.

Ah okay thanks...

I can see now that the Site Stats Visits for 1st Oct are 261 with the /bpstats being 331.

I guess it basically tracks daily visitors, regardless of whether they were also on the site the day before.

That's fine though, it gives me soemthing to play with!

Cheers

Greg

http://www.thehrvault.co.uk

Hmm....Ive been trying to keep a manual tracking of conversion rates, so had calculated daily orders alongside the new 'Users Online'- however since adding all these into excel just last night, the users online stats have now changed- even the figures from as far back as September? Some by as much as 10 units out, some just by 1 or 2, and some are the same? Any idea why these would be changing?

Ive also looked at the BP stats but these are really different? That shows a daily average visit of 800+ , but the BP shows around 300?

Im confused as to how accurate the figures are? I could just take the daily visits from Google Analytics but would like to have them all in one place, and don't know if the Analytics would be any more accurate?
    Fill Your Pants Reusable Nappies
    LoveLocks Love Padlocks
    Fill Your Nursery - Nursery Products Retail and Wholesale

I think you have to divide the bpstats figures by 3 or even 4 to get the "true" unique visitor figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    I think you have to divide the bpstats figures by 3 or even 4 to get the "true" unique visitor figures.
    Out of curiousity can I ask why??

This link explains how to interpret your Webalizer stats. It is taken direct from Webalizer's own Readme files.

http://support.suso.com/supki/Interp..._website_stats

So, its the "Site" numbers not the "Visit" numbers that relate most closely to your "unique visitor" numbers. However, compare this on a day to day basis with Bluepark's own "users online" stats and it is generally a 3:1 ratio. That is, Webalizer is 3 times higher. You will have to ask Richard how he calculates his numbers.

In my experience, where other stats packages are available to website owners such as AWSTATS, a package that I favour, the Webalizer figures are approximately twice as high as those of AWSTATS.

As we all know, we can make stats say anything but I think the Webalizer stats are a little "generous".

In any case, we should judge the success of an ecommerce website on the number of conversions/orders rather than on the number of (unique) visitors.

Absolutely, I never look at the Webalizers stats - I use the BP stats and Statcounter for a more detailed view of a browser, although I'm favouring BP figures far more as they seem to be more accurate.

Ive been comparing the Users Today stats with the stats in our google analytics for daily visitors and they are so different again! The BP are almost half of what the Analytics state. So I really dont know which to take as more accurate?

Rich, how are the BP stats measured? And any idea why the figures keep changing for days previous? For example, say the 9th Sept shows 225 visits when it was checked on 8th Oct, but when it was checked on 9th Oct it shows 244? How/why would it change?
    LoveLocks Love Padlocks

This enhancement to the Site Statistics page was perhaps implemented in haste. The figures are slightly out, and I have now remembered why this data was not displayed initially. Please accept my apologies, this should not in fact have been added to the Site Statistics page. The "users online last month" is also similarly affected, and has also been removed (if it's not 100% accurate then it is best not to display the figure).

For measuring unique user visits on a particular day, or for a particular month, it's best to use either the Webalizer page or Google Analytics.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    This enhancement to the Site Statistics page was perhaps implemented in haste. The figures are slightly out, and I have now remembered why this data was not displayed initially. Please accept my apologies, this should not in fact have been added to the Site Statistics page. The "users online last month" is also similarly affected, and has also been removed (if it's not 100% accurate then it is best not to display the figure).

For measuring unique user visits on a particular day, or for a particular month, it's best to use either the Webalizer page or Google Analytics.
    So how accurate are the "Users Online Today" figures where it says " 'n' objects " at the bottom of the page?

They're 100% accurate. We record two pieces of information per "user session" (which you could call a "visit"). We record the "first visit" timestamp, and the "last visit" timestamp.

The "last visit" is being used to count the users online now, or today, or this month. The reason it can't be used to calculate the users online yesterday is because it will not count anyone who visited both yesterday and today - because their last visit was today, so their stat has effectively "moved" from yesterday to today.

In order to accurately deliver the number of users online on a particular day in the past, we would have to record a timestamp for every day the user has visited the site (which is not really feasible in terms of keeping the database light and quick).

This is, to be honest, very obvious and was simply overlooked when these additional figures were requested - and I'm sorry for that. However, these figures are purely intended for reference purposes.

Thanks for clarifying that Rich
    LoveLocks Love Padlocks

Oops, sounds like I caused a mess...

Richard - can't you keep individual stats for "today" but for "yesterday" and all other days just keep the daily totals (without the individual records/rows) ? Just a suggestion ...