Thread: Styling Issue

Default Styling Issue

Hi there,
    Im looking for a way to style the left colum title header, specifically a background image applied.
    The problem im having is that the bg image is applied to all title headings. I want to have separate bg images all the title headings.

Another option would be to style the actual colum bg image, but i already have a repeating bg image applied to that.

Ive even tried to add additional html, but i have ran into issues with the z index.

Is there a way to create a class and apply it to the html?

Thanks

Martin

If you mean the "Block Title Image", you can specify individual ones in the Block Editor.

Example: http://www.totsntoys.co.uk

If it's the Catalogue block and you want it divided into multiple blocks of categories, then insert a new category into the list with the "Heading Only" box ticked and allocate that heading its own background image (via the Category Editor).
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Thanks, adding a bg image within the block editor is just want im wanting.
    Although, Ive found an issue with the actual text.
    Using the Catalogue block as an example.
    I have applied a bg image to the title heading, looks great, but the title "Catalogue" has gone.
    Ive checked the tick box "show title" both on and off to see if there is any difference, but unfortunately not text is outputted.

If you hover over the helptip(?) for each field it gives you a bit of help. You will notice that if a block title image is added it REPLACES the title text and therefore the text must be part of the image.
    Regards,

Dave

Thanks again.
    Ive got another issue with left column.
    The left td (class="left" id="left") seems to have a 1px border around the content.
    Ive got set widths on the column, and no matter what size i set it to, there is still a 1px border.

Any help would be grateful.

Difficult to say without actually seeing what is going on but try setting the content border size to 0 for the center column. Also look at left & right hand columns because these also have border sizes.
    Regards,

Dave

Hey Dave,
    Its definitely something in the left column. Ive applied a black background color to the left column td.
    I thought it might be the spacer td within the title heading, but I can remove any html.
    Ive included the trial url if anyone can help.

http://bp69.betapark.co.uk/?template=custom

thanks again
    Martin

You currently have this image applied as a background image for the column:

http://bp69.betapark.co.uk/user/temp.../LeftColBG.gif
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Yeah, the background image is what im wanting to repeat in the x axis, but im have an extra 2 px in the left column.
    The left column is set to 224px and so is the image width.
    So, ive no idea where the other 2 pixels are coming from.
    Within the easy edit mode it it tells me - inside block 226px, content width 226px.