Thread: Free Delivery discount

Default Free Delivery discount

Im trying to see up a discount that is purely Free Delivery, which would be assigned to a select number of account holders. But just cant get my head around it! I am ticking the Free Delivery box, but however I try to set it up it is asking for the thresholds and wanting to apply a percentage discount etc.

Any input as to how I do this??
    Fill Your Pants Reusable Nappies
    LoveLocks Love Padlocks
    Fill Your Nursery - Nursery Products Retail and Wholesale

Hi Laura,

We have customers who get different delivery charges due to historical reasons of either 2.95, 3.95 or in some cases even FOC. We achieve this by setting up discounts in the discount manager and assigning to the customers. So for example a 1 discount would be setup as follows

Discount Name - Delivery Discount 1.00
    Style - Define quantity based thresholds
    Pricing Code - All (global discount)
    Mixed Products Qualify
    Threshold Type - Units
    Discount Type - Value

Then in the Threshold tab setup discount as 1

Make sure the discounts are red flagged and then assign to the users in the user manager.
    Regards,

Dave

But if we did it as a discount like that (so would be 2.75 in our case) then what happens if they order over 50 which would qualify for free delivery anyway... wouldnt they then get an extra 2.75 off their order??
    LoveLocks Love Padlocks

You just tick the free delivery box then in the thresholds bit, put the value of the discount (the last column on the right-hand side) as 0. No money will be taken off the subtotal, just free delivery.
    Make sure the discount is red-flagged and then assign to the customers individually (or as a group) through their user account.

Hi Dave, does this discount the delivery or just give a discount called delivery discount? We have a different (higher price) for delivery to our trade customers and I would like to be able to charge different delivery prices for them. Ideally we would like to offer different shipping methods based on user type. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Hi Dave, does this discount the delivery or just give a discount called delivery discount? We have a different (higher price) for delivery to our trade customers and I would like to be able to charge different delivery prices for them. Ideally we would like to offer different shipping methods based on user type. Any ideas?
    Hi Ashley,

No it doesn't reduce the delivery charge, it just applies a delivery discount against the order. In someways I think this is better because the customer can see what your standard charge is and see the reduction you are currently giving them.

Not sure about different shipping methods per user type. Maybe you can do this by creating user groups and assigning customers to the groups etc? Don't use user groups so are not sure about whether it's possible so maybe drop support an e-mail unless they pickup on this thread first.
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by little-linguist View Post
    You just tick the free delivery box then in the thresholds bit, put the value of the discount (the last column on the right-hand side) as 0. No money will be taken off the subtotal, just free delivery.
    Make sure the discount is red-flagged and then assign to the customers individually (or as a group) through their user account.
    Thanks, got it working now
    LoveLocks Love Padlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Laura@FYP View Post
    But if we did it as a discount like that (so would be 2.75 in our case) then what happens if they order over 50 which would qualify for free delivery anyway... wouldnt they then get an extra 2.75 off their order??
    Yes they would, sorry I didn't even think about that.

I see Catherine has pointed you in the right direction and glad it's all sorted out now.
    Regards,

Dave