Thread: Delivery Estimator in Shopping Basket

Default Delivery Estimator in Shopping Basket

I can't get it to display the EU delivery option.

I have played around with the settings and just can't seem to make it show.

What I have is:

In configuration, Shipping estimator is set to manual selection, show methods.

Using radio buttons.

In shipping Manager, the shipping method of EU Airmail is set up:

All (global method)
    Minimum charge 7.95
    Threshold type is value
    Prevent free shipping is ticked

Countries have the EU ones I want ticked

Thresholds are defined as 0 - + with the 7.95 charge.
    No other thresholds are set up.

When I put things in my basket, all it shows me are the two UK delivery methods. Then if I go thorough checkout and change the country, it just tells me that I have selected and in correct deilvery method and won't let me proceed.

I then have to refresh the whole page and it will finally give me the EU delivery method but it is not very clear and very frustrating to customers.

In the language settings, there is also a line against Basket :: Estimate that says "Estimate Delivery - scroll for Jersey/Gurnsey etc" and this has now stopped showing too.

What have I done wrong? Sorry for the long post but I thought it best to show what I have done so hopefully someone can see where it has gone wrong.

Thank you.

Arabella

Is the EU Shipping Method active i.e. NOT red flagged in the Shipping Manager ?

I've just added "Sophie the Giraffe" to my basket, and I have the following shipping methods available:

UK First Class: 0.00
    UK Express: 6.95
    EU Airmail: 7.95

"Estimate Delivery" is currently set to "Select Country:". If I select UK, the EU shipping method disappears. If I select Germany, only the EU method displays.

Please note, after completing the first page of the Checkout process (which generates an order number in the database) the shipping estimator will disappear from the Shopping Basket. This is because the country specified in the "order in progress" is then used, rendering the shipping estimator redundant.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Thanks Rich

It is just not showing for me - I have checked that I am not signed in. I wonder if it is keeping track of previous selections via cookies? I will try clearing them out and having another go.

The main thing is that it is showing for customers but I like to be able to check it myself.

Axx

Nope, still not showing for me. I have cleared cookies etc. Closed down all browsers and made sure that I am not logged in as customer or admin.

Added Sophie and still only get the 2 delivery options and no drop down for the countries.

The way you are seeing it Rich is the way that I want it to be but I just don't see that myself.

Can you think of any reason why I am not seeing the options?

Thanks again for your help.

Ax

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Is the EU Shipping Method active i.e. NOT red flagged in the Shipping Manager ?
    Showing green thanks.

It must be showing to some people as we do have some EU orders, just that I have noticed recently that they have really fallen away.

The system is remembering that you have an order in progress. It does do this via a cookie.

Try opening the site in another browser, i.e. if you're using IE then try Firefox or Chrome. I'm guessing you will then see what your customers see.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Thank you - all showing in Firefox.

Very grateful for your help as ever.

Axx