Thread: Free item assigned to a variant?

Default Free item assigned to a variant?

Is it possible to set up a discount scheme which allows me to offer an item free with a product variant? I have motor oil on my site and I want to offer a free filter wrench with each purchase of a 5 litre of engine oil but not with the 1 litre variant.

Thanks in advance.

I have just done similar recently, if you assign a pricing code (on the value page) say to B just for that product....then assign the discount to the products with a B pricing code....I think that should work, not sure about the variant though?......Dave will help when he comes on-line
    Angella
    www.internetwigs.com

Suppliers of Designer Wigs & Hairpieces

Anyone able to help out on this one? Discounts are a new area for me. I want to assign a free item to a single variant of a two variant product.

Thanks.

I'm taking it that this is a 'No' then, it can't be done.

In that case I guess I could make the customer aware of the freebie by writing a message on the product page and reassuring them the freebie will be packed in with their item. Can't think of any other way to do it.

I've been trying to do this too & can only assign a free product via the discount manager at the product level as far as I can see. I thin you're right - text on the product content is the only way but you could also add it to the wording for that variant under the options tab to help?

Jo

Hi Jo. Thanks for the reply.

I would have been nice, and more professional-looking, for the free item to appear in the shopping basket and on their invoice, but I guess it's not to be. Never mind.