Thread: increase the font size for the product selling price in product detail page?

Default increase the font size for the product selling price in product detail page?

Hi,
    I would like to increase the font size for the product selling price on the Product detail page, but i cannot see how to do this?

thank you
    Alan

In your template (site-->template manager) select the forms tab and scroll down looking for selling price. You can set the font, colour and size!
    Regards,

Dave

Explained perfectly, now a 2 second fix thank you.

Hi,

Is there a way to do this on the Product Details section only (ie make only the price next to the "add to basket" button bigger?

I have tried to add a font size in the Custom HTML section of the Template Editor, but as my HTML skills are basic at best I'm not having any success.

Assuming this is possible then any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Colin.

Hi Colin

Under the forms tab of your default template there is a field for selling price font, colour, size etc. Depending on how your site is setup this should do the job but it will affect the price on category pages etc so you might have to assign a different template to these.

There is another way but I don't want to complicate things as doing above might work just fine.
    Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply.

I had tried that, but it changes the size of all of the prices. As you say, I could assign a different template to the product pages, but this would still leave a problem with the blocks I use on that page.

I had thought that the solution would be somewhere in the %product_action box on the Custom HTML tab - but if this is the way to go my html skills aren't up to it, because I can't work it out!

Cheers,
    Col.

OK the other way to do it would be to add the formating to the additional CSS box. I have called it special-price but you can call it whatever you want and then obviously change the font, colour and size to suit your requirements

.special-price { color: #990000; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; font-family: arial, verdana; }

Then in the custom HTML for %product_action change

%product_price

to

<div class="special-price">%product_price</div>

If the %product_action box is empty view the default HTML template and copy and paste into the box before making the change.
    Regards,

Dave

Hi Open,

You will need to add in some custom CSS in the Additional CSS field in your Template under the Site tab. The coding you will need is...

#price_selling .selling_price {color: #ffffff; font-size:14pt;}

and just change the colour and font size to whatever you want the selling price to appear as. This will change the font styling only in the Product Detail page.
    Moderator :: Bluepark Solutions

Didn't know you could do it that way as well. Thanks Cate
    Regards,

Dave

Works perfectly.

Thanks you both for all your help,

Col.