Thread: Sub categories inheriting category layout?

Default Sub categories inheriting category layout?

Is there any way of stopping sub-categories inheriting the layout of the parent category?

I want to display some images in a block at the level (page) where all sub-categories are displayed, but don't want those images repeated within the sub-category or individual product displays.

I'm sorry, the layout to be used within a sub-category is set at the "root" category level. This can't be overridden on a per-sub-category basis.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

when i set 'shop by brand' to feature on a category layout it only appears on the final subcategory and not on any parent category so you can only shop by brand in the final subcategory. is this intentional or do i have a setting wrong?

The Shop by Brand block works differently depending on which part of the site you're viewing:

• Outside of a category, such as the homepage or search results, it appears as a drop-down - EXAMPLE
    • Inside a category displaying sub-categories, it doesn't appear - EXAMPLE
    • Inside a category displaying products with mixed brands, it displays a "filter" list of brands - EXAMPLE
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Similar Threads

1. Sub Category images and filters
    By Stix in forum Bluepark Technical Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31-03-2010, 08:16
  2. Sub categories showing in Cataloge menu all the time?
    By Bather in forum Bluepark Technical Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 14:52
  3. categories & sub-categories
    By Bob in forum Bluepark Technical Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 09:21
  4. How many sub categories can I have
    By bubble in forum Bluepark Technical Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-04-2009, 21:30
  5. Populate with Sub-categories?