Thread: Saving % vs. Amount

Default Saving % vs. Amount

Not sure if I'm going senile, but I'm sure the savings shown between the List and Sales price was a value until recently, and it is now a % saving.

Is this a setting that I've messed up, or has the feature changed?

It's very unusual that a feature changes its behaviour, but you're not imagining this one! After much feedback that there were too many "prices" on the product detail page, we decided to change the saving to a percentage instead of the value saved. So now we have:

Price: 10
    List: 20 (crossed out)
    Saving: 50%

Here's an example:

http://www.demopark.co.uk/cables/ixos-scart-xft02.html

It's just about trying to present the information as clearly as possible to the customer. What do you think?
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Hi,

Personally I like the following:

Price: 10.00
    List: 20.00 (crossed through)
    Saving: 10.00 (50%)

I guess its personal taste but this one gives all the information. I prefer 'RRP' to 'List' but I understand this can be controlled through language manager. What are the views of the rest of the forum?

I think that makes sense, good compromise. Have a look again:

http://www.demopark.co.uk/cables/ixos-scart-xft02.html

You're right in saying that the "List Price" and "Saving Of" text labels can be altered via the Language Manager.

I agree with Paul, though ideally I would like the choice of either as a configurable option.

If it can only be one or the other, then my preference would be to show the amount rather than the percentage. I think 10.00 saving sounds (looks) better than a 10% saving.

That's fine, we've opted for Paul's solution of displaying both.