Thread: Feature Suggestion: Sales Stats

Thumbs up Feature Suggestion: Sales Stats

Hi Richard,

Nothing urgent here, but just thought maybe the following would be useful if you find yourself adding stuff to the sales stats:

1. (Top customers) - As well as the turnover, how about 'number of orders' and 'average order size'? This helps separate large one-off orders, from regular customers placing multiple orders.
    2. (Top Sellers / Units) - Again, would be useful to know the 'number of orders' so if an item sells 500 units we have some kind of clue as to whether that was one large order (that probably won't be repeated) or lots of smaller orders. This makes a big difference when figuring out how much to order in for stock.

Thanks,

John.

Useful suggestions John. Not something I'd ever thought about before but yes, the above info would be very helpful.

Also...

3) (Top sellers / turnover) - would be useful to know how many were sold (yes, I know this info is in top sellers by units - but as an example, my 'No 1 top seller by turnover' is 28th in the 'top sellers by units' list which makes it difficult to flick back and forward between the two lists)

Good suggestion LabelKing.

Also as in addition I would like to see the overall profit per day/month if viewing the summary tab from the sales stats, the total profit for the period could be shown at the bottom of the summary report screen. This way it would be very easy to look at a day / month / year profit at a glance.

The calculation is straight forward enough:

For example:

If the sell price of a product is 12.00 including VAT, then the sell price less VAT is 10.00

If the product purchase price is 5.00 then the profit is 5.00 for that product, the total for the day/month could be displayed as an addition column on the summary screen.

Quote Originally Posted by martinobi View Post
    Also as in addition I would like to see the overall profit per day/month if viewing the summary tab from the sales stats, the total profit for the period could be shown at the bottom of the summary report screen. This way it would be very easy to look at a day / month / year profit at a glance.
    Indeed. And perhaps also a new "most profitable" tab that ranks the products according to how much profit they've made in total (ie. profit per item x number sold). So I might have some not so profitable items that I sell a lot of and some really profitable items that sell very infrequently - what I need to know is which makes me the most money? Where should I be focusing my efforts?

The stats page is really useful for quickly seeing what is going on with the sales, but it could be so much more useful with some simple additions.

Better sales stats are something I'd love to see as well. Volume of stock being sold over a period of time would really help with pre-ordering the correct levels of stock. Right now I'm just making guesses as to what is needed.

As it's been 5 years since I started this I'm guessing this didn't make it to the wish list... So has anyone found another way to get useful sales stats out of bluepark, using a 3rd party tool (preferably very cheap or free), or a way of viewing the data in Excel?

Ideally I'd like to be able to export the sales data and be able to tell how well certain products are selling on a month by month basis, and also monitor the profitability of the items, and so on.

I see bluepark can export to quickbooks, but only the expensive 60/month 'enterprise' version which we don't use, so that's no good...

Urm OK leave it with me, I will run this kind of scenario past an excel guru I have just been working with who has helped us build a simple but effective stock control file as we were using Sage for our stock control that drove me up the wall. Have gone back to good old Xero for the accounts package and now with the help of my stock template, just download a days orders before I go home, press a makro in the stock control file and bobs your uncle bang up to date stock levels, with built in cost column, total inventory stock value and reorder levels and order quantities all on the same screen. So if I can get an extra ad on feature that could do the number crunching on a new page for items based on cost and sale price to produce the profitability percentage column that would be as you guys have suggested a great tool to show up must have items and the possibly start to faze out ones. I may not have been a member of the Bluepark club that long, but you experienced guys have so many interesting ideas !