Thread: levels of business - is it just me ????

Default levels of business - is it just me ????

Hi,

A while back - around Eastertime - I posted on the apparent slow down in business... and as some reply posts suggested at that time it did seem to be an Easter thing, because business levels did pick up. Now May is one of our least busy months anyway so I am trying not to panic and t/o is still up on last year BUT there is a distinct and dramatic drop in buying.... my traffic is still good and growing but they seem to be mostly window shoppers at the moment.

Is anyone else seeing a similar pattern?

Cheers

Gill

Quote Originally Posted by Gillf View Post
    Hi,

A while back - around Eastertime - I posted on the apparent slow down in business... and as some reply posts suggested at that time it did seem to be an Easter thing, because business levels did pick up. Now May is one of our least busy months anyway so I am trying not to panic and t/o is still up on last year BUT there is a distinct and dramatic drop in buying.... my traffic is still good and growing but they seem to be mostly window shoppers at the moment.

Is anyone else seeing a similar pattern?

Cheers

Gill
    It is generally slow at the moment - our eBay clothing line has almost died at the moment, though the Bluepark toy site and Amazon toy sales are doing OK. May has been our best month so far this year, though still way below expectations.

Regards

Pete

It is a little slow at the moment for us too. We seem to be getting much more traffic than ever but like Gill says, a lot of window shoppers.

Our Ebay shop has almost completely died, hardly worth the high fees in comparison to the volume of sale we are receiving at the moment

Nevermind ... hopefully it'll pick up again soon.

I think people are really beginning to feel the pinch and are cutting back on spending quite dramatically. We're lucky in that the majority of our turnover comes from schools' purchases but yes, we have noticed a big decline in sales to the public in the last couple of months even though traffic levels are fine.

Our sales had still been improving until this month, now although some items are more winter orientated, and our traffic is down slightly this month - but page views actually on a par with last month - orders are noticeably down. So do think it is a case of more window shopping and less buying. Think that all the bill hikes - fuel, gas, electric etc are starting to bite into peoples disposable cash, plus the uncertainty as how long the problems will last for - is making people a lot more cautious on their spending.
    The New Zealand Honey Shop
    real goodness from mother nature