Thread: Upselling and how to use it?

Default Upselling and how to use it?

Been having a look at this and searched the forum but can not find any details on how to use it.. I came across a thread that compared it to cross selling, is this possible?

Can someone please explain how I implement the upselling and also let me know if cross selling is available.

Thanks
    Steve

In Site / Configuration / Ecommerce - you can "upsell for next shipping day" if you do next day delivery or you can "upsell for free shippping" if you provide that.

If you are on the middle package or above, you will have the Discount Manager whereby you can set up "buy 1 get 1 free", "buy 2 get 1 free", "buy 3 for 10" etc.,. discounts to encourage buyers to buy more. An upsell message is displayed on the product page as well as in the basket checkout area.

Furthermore, you can cross sell related products (sell a dog collar and cross sell a matching dog lead OR sell a printer and cross sell a printer cable). For the given product, click on the "related products" tab and assign and related product that you wish to cross sell with that product. Once assigned, tick the "addable" box which allows buyers to buy both items at the same time from the one product page with once click of "add to basket". If you want the cross sell to be a default, tick the "selected" box as well but I would not recommend that as it means the buyer has to opt out of the second product and may get confused. The "add reciprocal" means the cross sell will work both ways with the first product also appearing as a cross sell on the second products page. Double check the addable has also worked both ways.

If you don't tick any of the boxes for the related products but you have the related products block on your product screen (say at the bottom), this allows you to customise which related products will show for a given product. Otherwise, the related products will show at random from the same category.

We all know that it is easier to sell more to a customer we have, rather than to try to attract new customers, so upselling and cross selling is a good way of increasing your sales.

I'm sure there are other "tricks" that people can recommend.

Thats a great post red devil. I didn't know you could have a discount of Buy three for x. As that is exactly what I am wanting

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    In Site / Configuration / Ecommerce - you can "upsell for next shipping day" if you do next day delivery or you can "upsell for free shippping" if you provide that.

If you are on the middle package or above, you will have the Discount Manager whereby you can set up "buy 1 get 1 free", "buy 2 get 1 free", "buy 3 for 10" etc.,. discounts to encourage buyers to buy more. An upsell message is displayed on the product page as well as in the basket checkout area.

Furthermore, you can cross sell related products (sell a dog collar and cross sell a matching dog lead OR sell a printer and cross sell a printer cable). For the given product, click on the "related products" tab and assign and related product that you wish to cross sell with that product. Once assigned, tick the "addable" box which allows buyers to buy both items at the same time from the one product page with once click of "add to basket". If you want the cross sell to be a default, tick the "selected" box as well but I would not recommend that as it means the buyer has to opt out of the second product and may get confused. The "add reciprocal" means the cross sell will work both ways with the first product also appearing as a cross sell on the second products page. Double check the addable has also worked both ways.

If you don't tick any of the boxes for the related products but you have the related products block on your product screen (say at the bottom), this allows you to customise which related products will show for a given product. Otherwise, the related products will show at random from the same category.

We all know that it is easier to sell more to a customer we have, rather than to try to attract new customers, so upselling and cross selling is a good way of increasing your sales.

I'm sure there are other "tricks" that people can recommend.
    Most helpful reply RD thank you, I already have the addable products on product pages along with related products, but neither show in the cart only the product page..... I will have a look at the discount manager as that may be most useful.

Cheers
    Steve

Hi red Devil

I can't see how to set up the Buy three products for x ...... can you point me in the right direction please?
    Many thanks
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi red Devil

I can't see how to set up the Buy three products for x ...... can you point me in the right direction please?
    Many thanks
    Terry
    I just saw that in the discount manager, Cat>discount manager>create new>style>buy all in set for x.xx

Think that is what your after.

Steve

What if I have two related products, and I want a message to appear in the basket if someone buys the main one?

ie. You've bought "product A", would you like a "product B" to go with it

eg. "do you want this label promo pack, to go with the label printer you have selected"

Is it possible to do that with the discount system? or another way?