Thread: Delivery - dropship and in-stock items...how to work it?

Default Delivery - dropship and in-stock items...how to work it?

Hi
    I have a delivery query which I hope ppl can help with
    Our stock items are assigned to shipping code A which hasthree options
    - Local delivery (by us) postcode dependent
    - Collect from store (a free option)
    - Standard delivery (varies by weight but startsat £1.98)
    This was working fine, however we have recently added somedog beds for which we use a drop-shipper, so I set these up as Shipping Code Band assigned the drop ship delivery option
    - UK Standard Delivery (varies by weight butstarts at £4.99 – their minimum)
    - Next Day Delivery (varies by weight but startsat £5.99)
    In the highly likely eventuality of someone ordering adrop-ship product and an in-stock item, I set the UK Standard Delivery toGlobal (the drop shipper can actually drop-ship 95% of our physical stock, sothis works nicely – the other 5% we would just have to take the hit on doubledelivery costs)
    However now if someone orders an ‘in-stock’ item, and afairly light weight item like a dog collar, they are present with 4 options
    - Local delivery
    - Collect from store
    - Standard Delivery at e.g. £1.98
    - UK Standard Delivery at £4.99
    Obvs the customer is likely to choose the £1.98 optionhowever it does look a bit strange that there are two ‘standard’ deliveryoptions available….and likely a bit unprofessional
    Has anyone solved the drop-ship / stock combination onpostage satisfactorily and possibly point me in the right direction?
    Many Thanks for your help
    -
    Melanie

You have to make the UK Standard Delivery at £4.99 "global" as this will cover "mixed" orders of non-drop ship and drop ship. When there are no drop ship items, the £1.98 will appear. Next Day Delivery will only appear when there are no drop ship items as well.

Thanks red devil - i did this but it still shows the £4.99 for an instock item - if you go to website and put say, a tray of naturediet dog food in the basket, it still shows the 4 delivery choices (3 that it should and the £4.99 one)... cannot fathom it
    Melanie

I've worked it out.

As before, make the UK Standard Delivery at £4.99 "global" but this time under the shipping codes for that shipping method TICK the "Catch All" box. This means that price will only show when that is the only shipping method available for a product (your drop ship products).

Red Devil - you're a star!
    That works - thank you very much
    Melanie

Happy to help as always, Melanie.

I must admit I've never used that setting before so this thread has extended my knowledge of BP. There's usually a setting that will do the trick - it's just finding it by experimenting.