Thread: Bluepark Cookie Information

Exclamation Bluepark Cookie Information

It has been requested that we post some information about how Bluepark uses cookies.

The answer is that we use them as sparingly as possible, there are only two cookies created by the Bluepark system:

PHPSESSID

(Contains a PHP "session ID", expires when the browser is closed)

session

(Contains a PHP "session ID", can also contain an email address and encrypted password, expires after one year)

The "PHPSESSID" cookie is required so that the site can recognise the same user clicking from page to page. Without it, every page would be treated as the first visit to the site, and anything added to the shopping basket would be instantly forgotten. Online shopping would, therefore, be impossible.

The "session" cookie is intended for the user's convenience, Bluepark creates this with a copy of the initial session ID so that they can be classed as "returning" and the contents of their shopping basket will still be available. If the user signs in with an email address and password, these login details are are also saved so that they can remain logged in when returning (the password is encrypted). If the user signs out, their login details are removed from the cookie.

Any other cookies are created by 3rd party scripts such as Google Analytics.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Thanks for clearing that up Rich

Yes, really useful

Thanks for the info, this new law caught me on the back foot - was totally unaware of it !

I've moved this to the public area so that it's more visible.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I've moved this to the public area so that it's more visible.
    I didn't realise there was a private area! How do I access this please?

Quote Originally Posted by Col66 View Post
    I didn't realise there was a private area! How do I access this please?
    Put your forum login details into your BP admin in users -> admin manager (select you) - > forum username / forum password.

Once done you will see a new thread section on the BP forum called
    Private Discussion: Bluepark Users

Regards,

Dave

Thanks a lot Dave!

Regards,

Col.

Can somebody please explain - if a user decides to disallow cookies, does this mean their purchase process will be hindered or that they will not be able to complete the purchase at all?

Thanks
    Julie
    Visit Night Owl Creative for hand-crafted jewellery and gifts, with 10% off for Blueparkers - code "BPark10"