Thread: Seo

Default Seo

I need to start optimising my site, but dont' know where to start. Is it best to buy some software or SEO training, if so can anyone recommend any.

Many Thanks

Sharyn

www.cupcakedecoration.co.uk

Hi Sharyn

You can buy software that will show you what you need to do, I use IBP "Internet Business Promoter" but there is many others out there, you can view more information about the software at the link below

http://www.ibusinesspromoter.com/

The problem with training or reading books is what you learn will be out of date in a few months, the IBP software is updated every so often to reflect any recent changes.
    Regards

Kevin

Thanks Kevin

Do you find IBP user friendly

Are you on twitter? There are some great guys who post blogs for beginners, advanced etc. Let me know and I will send you there details.

Sadly you just have to keep reading and digesting about it. If you read about it every day and do a few bits to your site, you will get the right idea. What ever you do, don't pay $5 for 1000 back links!!

Thanks PartyGirl

Yes I have started to use twitter, I would love the details for the blog posters

Sharyn

Yeah I found it user friendly, didn't take long to get used to
    Regards

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Sharyn View Post
    Thanks PartyGirl

Yes I have started to use twitter, I would love the details for the blog posters

Sharyn
    Put your twitter name, or DM me and I will have to do it on twitter - may not be until later this pm though!

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/perfectin...merce-websites makes good reading and seomoz have lots of articles to help you understand the basics. As Partygirl says though, it is never ending and quite time consuming but has to be done

HI Partygirl - could you do the same for me on twitter please @bowwowpets
    Does anyone else use IBP? I'm having a play with the trial version - looks good so far
    Melanie

It's definitely worth "liking" seomoz on Facebook as well, they post links to any new articles they have written on there.

Oops forum is crashing on me at the moment! I have just had a quick look at IBP and it looks interesting. Before I download the trial version, does anyone know if you can use the paid version for more than one website?

It looks like the standard version does allow you "optimise your own websites" (plural suggests you can do a few) - they suggest business version if you optimise for clients
    Melanie

Hi partygirl

twitter address is @cupcakesupplies

Sharyn

Quote Originally Posted by CJB64 View Post
    Before I download the trial version, does anyone know if you can use the paid version for more than one website?
    Standard version is for up to 5 projects/domains.
    Regards,

Dave

Thank you, I think I will give it a go and add it to my list of jobs! I generally dont do much seo as I can never keep up with all the changes that google make but I am slowly slipping down page 1 and if I dont act soon, I will be on page 2

Hi,

I think SEOprofiler is the subscription version of IBP. They do a free trial and then if you want to continue, there are various plans, which is handy if you don't want to shell out for the full version of IBP. I think you also have to pay for IBP updates too, but I'm not sure. Have you looked at traffic travis (http://www.traffictravis.com/)? Weird name, but seems to do pretty much what SEOprofiler does and it's free. I also found it more user friendly if you're just starting out in SEO.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kerrysg View Post
    I think SEOprofiler is the subscription version of IBP. They do a free trial and then if you want to continue, there are various plans, which is handy if you don't want to shell out for the full version of IBP. I think you also have to pay for IBP updates too, but I'm not sure.
    Yes the two are owned by the same company and you do have to pay for updates with IBP.
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Sharyn View Post
    Hi partygirl

twitter address is @cupcakesupplies

Sharyn
    I can't find you on twitter with this address.

What you need to do is follow me (@partykiosk) and look at my lists. Click on the SEO list (top one) and in there are the people I follow for SEO tips. The best one is HOBO. Go onto his blog and get his daily emails.

You can pick up some great little tips. I do try to keep these updated so add to them when I can!

You have to start from on-page first you can set the keyword density in your meta tags and content then I f you want but training package so Linda video tutorial are best....!