Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Bluepark?

Lightbulb New to Bluepark?

Let me start by introducing myself - I'm Richard, the lead developer of Bluepark's software.

It would be great to hear a little about who you are and what you do. Please feel free to share the URL of your site.

This forum is for showcasing your site, requesting and receiving feedback, and discovering more about our Design Partners and their services.

Welcome to Bluepark!

Smile

Hi, I'm David and I run EntertainToday Ltd

www.entertaintoday.co.uk

Default Hello

Hi I am Julie I recently launched Bumps and Beyond, my website is www.bumpsandbeyondonline.co.uk .

Anyone intersted in doing link swaps? Obviously it would be better if the items are relevant to what we sell!

I am a mum to 3 girls and am currently trying to get my business off the ground while staying at home with my youngest daughter.

Looking forward to any useful tips hints and advice!

Thanks

Julie.

Hi, I'm Raj and I run Rocking Parties: www.rockingparties.co.uk

Default Stockings Direct

Hi All,

I'm Chris from Stockings Direct. Well done to Richard for launching the forum. I'm sure it will be a great resource for us all.

Default Hello

I'm Karen,

I run Jelly and Ice Cream Parties, I have 4 children, 3 boys & a girl (ages 9,7,4 & 1) and not a lot of spare time !

www.jellyandicecreamparties.com

I like your jelly site, looks good!

What program did you use to do the flash banner? I'd love to have something like that.

Default Flash Banner

Thanks

I've got a friend who is a graphic designer, he did the banner for me. I'll find out what software he used for you. I'll be changing it in a couple of days for a halloween one that he has done.

Hi,

I'm Catherine from www.little-linguist.co.uk . We sell children's foreign-language learning resources to parents, schools, nurseries and language clubs etc.

I'm looking forward to getting to know other "Blueparkers" and your sites.

Hi All,

I am Lee and have recently set up www.snowskateandsurf.com and probably like a number of you would be interested to learn from and hopefully maybe even help others work towards what we are all aiming for.

Anyone interested or willing to share thoughts and ideas please feel free to give me a shout at lee@snowskateandsurf.com

Default Hi folks

Hi, I'm Andy owner of Speeds Cycles and very happy user of Blueprk. Hope to get some help and info to work on the site. Please feel free to ask me anything about my site and how we went about building it.
    Please visit our site www.speeds-cycles.co.uk happy to discuss discounts for Bluepark Users

Default Hi

Hi all

We have been members of BluePark since June, site launched in July, and sell toys, kids books, arts & crafts and fun furniture. Our site is:

http://www.fatbananafeet.com

There are some nice sites here, a testament to the BluePark product's flexibility.

Pete

Hi Petad, some great products! Love the Brum pedal car. Would be happy to give you some feedback on your site if of interest to you
    Please visit our site www.speeds-cycles.co.uk happy to discuss discounts for Bluepark Users

Thanks Andy, all feedback welcomed, as I'm pretty new to this, especially in terms of the design features.

I was just looking at your site when your message came through, funnily enough - you have some nice pictures, which is one of the things I am struggling with. mostly I just rely on stock stuff from the suppliers. Where do you source yours from?

Pete

PS - Andy, I just got a 404 page Error when I clicked on the main bike photo, which you may want to check out.

Cool, thanks Petad fixed!

I create all the graphics on the site using either supplier provided images or a bit of creative 'modification'! The best thing I did was get into creating and graphics. It takes some time to get the hang of it but once yu've sussed it, it gets easier.

I use software called Macromedia Fireworks which allows me to create graphics and save them as either .gif or .jpeg The most popular software is probably Adobe Photoshop or maybe Paint Shop Pro. I use Fireworks because its designed for web graphics.

I use Paint Shop Pro at the moment, which is good enough for my capabilities at the moment, but I would like to learn more about flash and the like. Does Macromedia do anything more than just staic graphics, and how does it compare to PSP?

Pete
    www.fatbananafeet.com

my top tip is to try and make all the images in a category the same size. So if one of your images is 200x200 pixels try and make sure all of the other images are the same size. This way your pages will always line up really neatly and look in order. In graphics software you usually have two sizes:

image size ( the size of the picture)
    canvas size ( the size of the white background)

as long as the image size fits into the canvas size and all the canvas sizes are the same the images will always look neat and lined up.

Flash is a Macromedia product. But I have'nt tried to do Flash animations. I started with animated gif's which are usually found in web banners. I think PSP could create them. It might be good to start there and then move onto Flash when you have got the hang of working with layers.