Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Bluepark?

Quote Originally Posted by rob d View Post
    Hi I'm robert and I am in the the throes of setting up my first e commerce site. We are printing the great comedt tshirts along with a few other ideas we have. i have bought the latest digital printing kit and now need to get it to pay for itself

I am very new to this site set up larf and am finding it moderately muddy but the curve is quite steep :-)

please feel free to look at the site and please give me feedback
    thanks
    Rob
    www.toptee.co.uk
    Welcome to the forums Rob. I had a laugh at some of your slogans (particularly the Tesco one). We are pretty new, and the learning has been steep for us too, but you'll find Bluepark, and Rich in particular (he's away at the moment), very responsive and helpful.

Pete

Default Another Bluepark Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'm John from www.prezziesplus.co.uk a Gifts and Gadgets (I hate that word) site newly migrated from Craptinic, we went live last night and so far so good we lost very little traffic in the move and sales have been coming in fast today, only now we have proper stock control.

Please take a look at our site and tell me what you think, good or bad, we have run the site since October 05 on the aformentioned software, with increasing problems and frustrations at the limitations of a program that can only be accessed by one person on one machine and takes 20 minutes to update the smallest change.

Like the rest of you I'm really impressed by the progress Richard has made in the last year and the rapid improvement of this software, I'm sure it will become a major seller in the future, now if only we can persuade him to do a license version

Hi John,

Great site!! I could spend a fortune on there will Xmas coming up ....

Thanks

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Please take a look at our site and tell me what you think, good or bad,

very nice site! you have the design skills down pat

Easy to navigate too!

i like the post banner at the top, important info that straight from the off.
    Didnt like the 25% off everything all the time. That means that this is the price and there is no discount! i would think of rephrasing that one. But hey what do I know, my site isnt a month old.............

Lightbulb Purse Angels Hits The Streets!

Hi All

I'm Mike and first off I have to admit that I don't have a clue about HTML, PSP etc. etc. However I discovered BluePark about 3 weeks ago after trawling the net and trying a few other trial programmes and took the plunge to set up an ecommerce site for my wife (like a number of others I notice!) to sell her handbag hooks. She thinks I'm a whiz with computers and seeing our new site now she is even more convinced.
    This, of course, is down to Richard but I'd also like to thank all the other contributors who have asked and answered all the things I needed to get us going.
    I hope I can make a similar contribution to this forum in the future.
    Please take a look at Purse Angels. Any comments or errors noticed are much appreciated. We are actually live from today and have already made 8 sales using Google Adwords.
    Fantastic!
    Although it was all a bit daunting at first it gets easier as you become more familiar with the programme. There are still a few mysteries though which I am sure I'll get to grips with in the fullness of time.
    A smiley confession though - Richard set me up with an alternative user name, other than Admin, which I duly used for the first 10 days or so. I then decided to login as Admin and discovered all these strange symbols appearing on the web pages. I had discovered EasyEdit by accident. Some of you may recall the trouble you have at the beginning trying to remember your way around. Now that's what I call a Eureka moment. (Div or what!!:-))

Sorry to waffle a bit!

Regards

Mike

Default Stage Ninja

Hi I'm Mark from Stage Ninja.

I have just used Bluepark to set up my second e commerce site selling a unique retractable cable system to musicians, DJs and sound technicians. It went live on 1st Jan.

My first site also used Bluepark; www.poundforlife.co.uk I founded the site just over 2 years ago, starting with shop factory and for 13 months using Bluepark. Bluepark made a tremendous difference to my natural search rankings.

I recently sold Pound for life to it's to new owners who are delighted with Blueparks performance.

I have set up an ongoing discount code 'bluepark' - If any of you have friends or family who are musicians they can save 10% by entering this at checkout. Actually if they are quick and order before the 20th of Jan this discount will be added to our current saving of 20%!

Happy New Year to you all and may Rich keep up all the good work.....
    Mark

www.jamtechnics.com

Default Character Planet.co.uk

Hi, I'm John, I'm a beginner at e-commerce and run the store www.characterplanet.co.uk

Default Needundies relaunches using Bluepark!

Hi everybody, I'm Andrew from Needundies.com, relaunched yesterday 1st February. We had been using Evolve from Lynxinternet for the last 4 years, but it didn't really "Evolve" at all!

Bluepark just about fulfilled everything we needed so we were really happy to find it amongst the many other packages out there.

The site is fairly basic at the moment, we have no real design skills, but the template we are currently using fitted in with our existing branding.

If you need any undies, feel free to visit and make use of the following discount code, "nufeb2008" to get a 10% discount!.

Andy

Hi Andy, and welcome to the forum. You'll find Bluepark is constantly evolving, and the support is excellent. Best of luck with the new site.

I am very curious as to how you have a Google PR of 3 if you only launched yesterday. Did you bring the domain name with you?

Pete

Hi Pete, we brought the domain name with us, we have been trading for over 4 years.

We used to have a PR of 5 until Google changed its algorithm a couple of years ago!.

Andy

Hey Julie, I'm in Leicestershire too - fancy meeting up sometime to discuss 'which buttons to press to make Bluepark work better for me'?

It's a lonely life in sole trader land.

Llynda

Default armcandyonline

Hi
    My name is Julie and I run www.armcandyonline.co.uk The website has been up and running for about 2 years although we have only been with BluePark since October 2007.

Sales are coming along although they could be better.

We sell unique and unusual handbags, costume jewellery and belts so if you are looking for beautiful gifts for loved ones then please visit the site.

Quite happy to share links with anyone interested.
    Last edited by julie; 03-03-2008 at 21:57.

Default Hi

Hi Julie and Llynda

I too am in Leicestershire and agree it is a lonely place in sole trader land! I'd be interested in chatting or meeting if you fancy it. Llynda what do you sell?

My name is Julie too I run a plus size maternity and nursing wear website.

I'll happy to do a link swap with you Julie if you want to contact me we can arrange it.

All the Best

Julie

Default shredderstoreuk.co.uk

Hi everyone. We have just launched our new site www.shredderstoreuk.co.uk. We have found that Bluepark does everything we want from it. It's an excellent system. We would welcome comments on our site.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    Hi everyone. We have just launched our new site www.shredderstoreuk.co.uk. We have found that Bluepark does everything we want from it. It's an excellent system. We would welcome comments on our site.

Alan
    Hi Alan.

You've made a good choice - the Bluepark product and the support are both excellent.

Welcome!

Regards

Pete

Default Podington Garden Centre

We are new to the forum - but would like to introduce ourselves/myself!

We are an established independant Garden Centre os some 32 years and have moved into ecommerce after selecting Bluepark from a long list of 'others'. I can only say that its been one of the most painless system introductions that I can remember - very pleased with the result. We have even managed to link both Bluepark and our EPOS system so that stock and prices are syncronised.

I like the comment about a quite forum - you're all right, a welcome change from some I have encountered.

Like everyone I beleive, the hard work does not stop once its all set-up - we are now trying to get better visibility on search engines, quite a learning curve this one!

We always welcome feedback (www.podington.co.uk) and we will help where we can.

Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Read View Post
    Like everyone I beleive, the hard work does not stop once its all set-up - we are now trying to get better visibility on search engines, quite a learning curve this one!

Welcome Jonathan. Nice clean looking site. I see you have a PR of 3 already, so you must be doing something right!

Regards

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post

Alan

Hi Alan,

Its always nice to welcome fellow Bluepark users to the forum. Compared to other ecommerce forums this one is very quiet but thats because Bluepark is so bloody good compared to other solutions out there in the world! It does exactly what it says on the tin.

I like your site and have a couple of suggestions. Having worked in the office supplies industry for a number of years I know how stupid some customers can be so would suggest
    1) Cross Cut, Strip Cut, Diamond Cut - Explain what each of these mean
    2) Security Levels - Explain what each security level means
    3) On each individual product pages put some narrative to help in your rankings. This is very difficult for us because we sell toners which don't really do much but print. However, you could say "The rexel XXX shredder is the ultimate in office shredders. If could are looking for a shredder to destroy dvd/cd/credit cards as well as paper then look no further" then perhaps repeat bits of the spec

Hope the above helps and good luck with your site!
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by petad View Post
    Welcome Jonathan. Nice clean looking site. I see you have a PR of 3 already, so you must be doing something right!

Regards

Pete
    Not that simple or such a newcomer, I see the site goes back to December 1998 so you have a few years experience, must be why you chose Bluepark! site looks good, the only thing I don't immediately like is the long scroll on the home page, I assume it's for SEO, not sure it does much good, the text at the beginning of the page is what really counts.
    John Ayres

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Read View Post
    We are new to the forum - but would like to introduce ourselves/myself!

We are an established independant Garden Centre os some 32 years and have moved into ecommerce after selecting Bluepark from a long list of 'others'. I can only say that its been one of the most painless system introductions that I can remember - very pleased with the result. We have even managed to link both Bluepark and our EPOS system so that stock and prices are syncronised.

I like the comment about a quite forum - you're all right, a welcome change from some I have encountered.

Kind regards

Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to the forum and think your site looks really great.

Did you have a website before on this domain name? Very interested to know how you have got a PR of 3 so quickly!
    Regards,

Dave