Thread: Including Home-Made Categories on the Home Page

Default Including Home-Made Categories on the Home Page

I think I'm having a moment here... I have created a Category with a few products in it which I want to display on my home page in the centre section. I can't work out a way to do this.

I know there are some predefined blocks like Latest Products, and Featured Products, but I want to create 2 or three of my own categories for listing one after another on the page.

Any ideas greatfully received.

Regards

Pete

And I want to do the same!

With the Featured Products block you can specify precisely which products appear on your front page. You can feature products from any categories you like throughout the site.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Hi Rich

I was aware of that, but wanted the option for multiple blocks like this. I guess what you are saying is the Featured Products block is the only one we can use?

Regards

Pete

It is, as it stands - were you wanting to split this into multiple categories?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It is, as it stands - were you wanting to split this into multiple categories?
    Not really - I just wanted to be able to have perhaps three blocks of 4 or 8 products (4 to a line) that I can change regularly. At present I have to create images within a "normal" block with links to the products, which is a fairly time consuming process, especially if I want to update them regularly.

Regards

Pete

Hi, looking at Plush Paws, I wanted to re-create their new stuff and special occasion blocks on the home page. Can someone talk me through it please.
    I have looked at a previous thread on their search results html being used to search by price, I cannot do it- could i have more info on this also please?
    I'm 2 days into developing my site and struggling!
    Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by HIKPY View Post
    Hi, looking at Plush Paws, I wanted to re-create their new stuff and special occasion blocks on the home page. Can someone talk me through it please.
    I have looked at a previous thread on their search results html being used to search by price, I cannot do it- could i have more info on this also please?
    I'm 2 days into developing my site and struggling!
    Best Regards
    The Plushpaws homepage currently features a large image at the top, followed by 3 smaller images beneath. These are simply image files that have been arranged together, probably in a table. You can access this part of your page via the Page Manager. You need to edit the "index.html" file (your homepage).

The images themselves simply link to category pages, New Stuff links to a category populated with the latest products added to the site (which can be achieved via the Category Editor on the Products tab).

Beneath these images is the Featured Products block, the title of which has been renamed with custom text.

The Shop by Price block in the bottom left is actually the Main Menu block - which is populated with the Active (green flagged) pages in the Page Manager. Instead of putting pages with their own content in there, they have used the Optional Address (URL) field, in the Product Editor, to make the menu links point to alternative pages. In this case, those alternative pages are price-related search links.

Thanks for this, I am working on it.
    I called yesterday evening and was talked through it aswell.
    Very helpful, thank you very much!