Thread: Email set up

Default Email set up

Hi Everyone,

I have just gone live and am in a bit of a panic - I still have loads to do it seems!

My problem is the email set up. I am going to use Thunderbird so I need to add settings there - Outgoing server addresses etc. My domain is hosted by 123-reg so I assume I need to add server info there to - MX records etc? Also there is the Bluepark platform itself that needs info adding also?
    Can anyone please give me an idea of what I need to do?

Any help is much appreciated!

Best regards,

Col.

If BP is handling the emails there should be no need to play around with MX records. Assume you have changed your domain name severs in 123 to point to ns1.bluepark.co.uk etc

In the bluepark control panel go intro site, email accounts and create yourself your email address. BP will then show you the info you need to enter into your email client which n your case is thunderbird.

Its all very simple stuff.
    Regards,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.
    I do intend for BP to handle my emails. I have changed the dns records to the ns1.bluepark.co.uk etc
    I'll go into the site, email accounts and set up the email addresses and follow the instructions!

Thanks a lot for your help, it is much appreciated!

Best regards,

Col.

Blimey!!

It worked...sent a test message from Yahoo to the email address I set up in BP and received it in Thunderbird...nice one Dave, thanks a lot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Col66 View Post
    Blimey!!

It worked...sent a test message from Yahoo to the email address I set up in BP and received it in Thunderbird...nice one Dave, thanks a lot!!
    No problem, glad to help and well done.
    Regards,

Dave