Thread: Reports Issue !!!!!!!!!!!!!

London UK, the world capital of magnetic therapy.

Default Reports Issue !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,
    I came with an issue to Richard, and he asked me to post it here, so he gets feedback from you.
    My issue:
    When I do EXPORT of the sales info from the ‘Order Manager’, I get a report that I cannot use as my ‘Till Role’, or the records of my sales.
    The reason: The report that is being produced is actually not an ORDER report, but an ITEM report. Bellow is the reason:
    When an order two items, than each item is being displayed on a different line.
    Now, if I want to total the orders value in the spread sheet, I cannot do that at all.
    Let’s look at the columns that have ’s value, and the reasons we cannot use them to sum up and get the total ’s of the orders:
    1. “Payment total” (AC): If an order have two items, this column will duplicate the order: Each item in that one order will display the total order in ’s.
    2. “Product price” (AN): No shipping costs. So cannot be used.
    3. “Product subtotal” (AO): No shipping costs. So cannot be used.
    4. “Order subtotal” (AP): No shipping costs (And also each item in that one order will display the total items in ’s).
    5. “Order total” (AY): If an order have two items, this column will duplicate the order: Each item in that one order will display the total order in ’s. So I cannot total it.
    -----
    HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THAT,
    OR,
    AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE WITH MORE THAN ONE ITEM PER ORDER?

And this is what I proposed Richard:
    We should have two different reports available:
    1. Orders based report, without the breakdown of items.
    2. Items based report.

By the way, I also asked for:
    A. Another field for Cost of Goods in ‘Product Manager’, that will obviously be included in the ITEMS report.
    B. Another column to be included in the ITEMS report, for ‘Category’, to help understand where the sales.

PLEASE HELP ME CONVINCE RICHARD THAT THE ABOVE TWO REPORTS ARE NEEDED.
    Eran, selling magnetic bracelets from http://www.magnetic-products-store.com/ The house of magnetic jewellery. Blogging at http://magnetictherapyuk.wordpress.com/ about all issues of magnetic therapy UK.

Eran / Rich. We would also greatly benefit from an export with one line per order and just the ORDER (not ITEM) totals. We often have orders for more than 20 different items.
    We run 3 monthly reports when preparing our VAT return, just to double check we've got the paper work for all of the orders. Currently we have to delete lines where there was more than one item per order and it makes me very dizzy after a while!

While we're on the subject, it would also be very handy to select a date to start the export from, rather than order number. Maybe that wouldn't work with the software?

I have noticed this issue too - as we manually create our accounts it's not a problem, but it will become so as volumes increase towards Christmas. I agree with l-l as well that it would be useful to run the report from a date, or preferably within a date range.

Pete

London UK, the world capital of magnetic therapy.

23 people viewed this post, two answered.

Can we have the 20 odd people that read this post come back and have their say?

Rich may needs some convincing.
    Eran, selling magnetic bracelets from http://www.magnetic-products-store.com/ The house of magnetic jewellery. Blogging at http://magnetictherapyuk.wordpress.com/ about all issues of magnetic therapy UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva Trading View Post
    23 people viewed this post, two answered.

Can we have the 20 odd people that read this post come back and have their say?

Rich may needs some convincing.
    I am one of the 20 odd people that viewed this thread and did not reply. Reason being is we use the website for web sales only. All orders received are keyed into our accounts system together with telephone, email and postal orders.

All our analysis reports are then produced from the accounts software

I would suspect some of the other people that viewed this thread operate in the same manner which is why they did not reply either.

I can see it may be useful to some people but not for us
    Regards,

Dave

I can see the need for a separate order report that does not include the order items, and also the ability to export by date. Both would be useful.

However, the current order export gets used extensively on our internal systems, with complex macros creating postal/despatch information specific to our needs. As this report holds all order information we use it to our advantage by manipulating the data. For us, the order total on every item is needed.

Because every Bluepark user will have different requirements the best long term solution would be to have a "selectable" export option for orders similar to the one for products. I imagine this would take alot of work so would leave it to Rich to comment on the idea.

the ability to create specific reports would be useful but it can be confusing if there are so many options so i understand the need to be careful in consideration.

for me the most important point is that ALL the raw data should be made available not so much the ability to create a report within bluepark.

i would most likely download into excel and then manipulate there rather than select a report in bluepark. take for example the product manager download - there are so many options that its quicker for me to download every field into excel and work from there. i forget what some of the fields are for!!

For those who dont know excel so well and before any new reports may become available you can do the following simple formula to get the total payment amounts.

insert a new column to the right of column 'Payment total' and enter =IF(A2<>A1,AA2,0) into the cell on row 2 of the new column. Drag the cell down to copy the formulas. then sum the new column.

Chris may be able to tell us how to do this as a macro?

Quote Originally Posted by paul View Post
    Chris may be able to tell us how to do this as a macro?
    Now there's a challenge! I'm no programmer, but I've had a go.

The macro code below assumes your payment total column is in "AC". It will replace the payment total column showing only totals on the first item.

There may be different columns depending on what features you have turned on in Bluepark, so it may not work for you.

Code:

Sub removestotals()

Dim vLastRow As Integer
        vLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "AC").End(xlUp).Row

Columns("AD:AD").Select
        Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight
        Range("AD2").Select
        ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(RC[-29]<>R[-1]C[-29],RC[-1],0)"
        Range("AD2").Select
        Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("AD2:AD" & vLastRow), Type:=xlFillDefault
        Range("AD1").Select
        ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Payment total"
        Columns("AE:AE").Select
        Selection.Insert Shift:=xlToRight
        Columns("AD:AD").Select
        Selection.Copy
        Range("AE1").Select
        Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
            False, Transpose:=False
        Columns("AC:AD").Select
        Range("AD1").Activate
        Application.CutCopyMode = False
        Selection.Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
        Range("AC2").Select
    End Sub
    The easiest way to setup a macro is to record a blank one and then plonk this code into it.

I'll do my best to help if it doesn't work, but I can't promise anything.

Bluepark is NOT an accounts program, never can be.
    John Ayres

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Bluepark is NOT an accounts program, never can be.
    We know that John, we don't use it for any form of accounting either, we're just trying to help someone out. If the info that someone wants is available, and it makes their life easier then what's the problem?

Hi
    Not sure how much work a report by order would cause Rich, but we would find it useful, and also it would be great to select reports by date range.
    Thanks
    Gill

Okay, I've changed the way the order export works (while also keeping it the same!). There is now a checkbox next to the Export icon, checked by default. The two options are:

• Orders and items
    • Orders only
    In addition to this, I've scrapped the "From..." box - which was never ideal as order numbers are frequently "out of sequence" in terms of the dates on which orders are received.

There is now a Date Range field in the search list, giving you From and To fields (and calendar popups). Both the From and To fields are optional.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Rich, the date range isn't working. I think it's the from field.

Also, can we have the "from..." box back!

....actually i can live without the "from...." option, we just need to adjust our system a bit which is no problem. On reflection the date range is the better option.
    Last edited by Chris; 11-07-2008 at 13:28.

Okay, two things - firsly, the date range is fixed, the problem was only present when moving between pages.

Secondly, the system now remembers your last export - meaning there's an extra checkbox to indicate that you want to export from your last unexported order. I realise the checkboxes aren't labelled, but just hover your mouse over them to read the tooltips. I hope this will make things easier.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    ...the system now remembers your last export
    Brilliant!!!! Thanks Rich.