Thread: Setting quantity multiples

Default Setting quantity multiples

Hi,

Complete newbie here so here goes with my first (of many) questions:

Firstly - I'd like to set the selectable product quantities of some of my SKUs to multiples of numbers other than 1, e.g. the customer can select 10, 20, 30 etc. rather than 1, 2, 3 etc.
    How is this done? I can set a minimum starting qty but not multiples of this minimum.

Secondly - If I have the same product but want to offer them in, say, packs of 20 and 100 where the price/unit will be lower for the higher qty packs, is it best to set up 2 separate SKUs for these configurations? Or should I use discounts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Paul

You can solve both if these using VARIANTS.

Firstly, create an OPTION e.g. "Quantity" using the Option Manager.

Then using Product Manager go into the product you want to assign the Option to.

Then create your Quantities as Option values e.g. "10", "20" etc.,.

Then this will give you another tab in your Product called VARIANTS. Go into that tab and assign your prices (pro rata or discounted or whatever) and also add your stock quantities. If you don't add prices and quantities at the variant level, they will default to the value assigned to the Parent product.

When the customer "adds to basket" they will just add "1 of" or "2 of" the VARIANT (selectable from a drop down menu or radio button).

Using Variants means you don't have to duplicate your products.

Sometimes, you may want to create them as separate products but using variants can save a lot of time.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a go.

Cheers,
    Paul