Thread: Mobile Phone Icon

Default Mobile Phone Icon

Hi
    In the back office I see a mobile phone icon with MO TO on either side of the phone. Ive clicked it and it takes me to my site but im not sure what its all about. One strange thing is when it takes me to my site everything shows as in stock, even products I know we are out of stock.
    Can someone explain what its all about.
    Cheers
    Gary

Moto is very useful for example when taking telephone orders. You can enter all of the details using MOTO.

Not sure why you wopudl see out of stock items as in stock tho???

I use MOTO a lot

Terry
    Terry

MOTO stands for mail order telephone order. It's one of the killer apps on Bluepark. It means you can take your customer's phone order, including payment, using your website. You can either keep the email address as moto@yourdomain.com or change the email address at which point they get an email conformation just as if they had placed the order themselves. When using MOTO, you can order items that are out of stock. Also you can bypass 3D secure if using SagePay, for example.

We put loads of orders through in this way.

So are you saying someone rings up to place an order so you go into the admin while they are on the phone and press the MOTO icon and then add the products they want just as they would if they were on your site and then go to the shopping cart and process the order.
    If this is what you are saying why can't I just go to the site as they would and process/input the order as they would without going to MOTO.
    I still don't get it.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    So are you saying someone rings up to place an order so you go into the admin while they are on the phone and press the MOTO icon and then add the products they want just as they would if they were on your site and then go to the shopping cart and process the order.
    If this is what you are saying why can't I just go to the site as they would and process/input the order as they would without going to MOTO.
    I still don't get it.
    Gary
    Using the MOTO you can edit product prices in the basket as well as the cost of shipping, you can place an order without an email address which is impossible without using MOTO, all the orders made using MOTO are displayed in the Order Manager as being placed using the MOTO & by the specific admin that processed the order so it allows you to differentiate between orders placed online & orders taken over the telephone.

It also disables 3d Secure & any security checks when payment is being taken (which you wouldn't know the answers to anyway), which would mean you would fail at the final hurdle & be forced to ask the customer their 3d Secure password, which is quite rude.

There's probably more reasons I've forgot! But definitely use the MOTO instead of the normal website, it's built for that reason & there's tons of features that help with telephone orders

A few more! In the MOTO you can also orders for products that are currently out of stock, and if the customer is already a registered user you can find them in the User Manager & click the MOTO icon next to their account & it will automatically log you in to their account so you can take a telephone order quickly (all their details already completed) without having to ask them for all their account information again.

The list appears to be endless! Have a play around with it you'll find loads of good admin features that are unavailable on the website usually

Sorry to put a damper on this, but surely it is illegal to use MOTO for taking payments? It is definitely illegal to set up an order on the front end of a website and process the payment using your own payment processor.

You must never ask anyone for their 3D secure password. If found out, you are liable to lose your payment processor.

MOTO bypasses the 3D secure password
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by PartyGirl View Post
    Sorry to put a damper on this, but surely it is illegal to use MOTO for taking payments? It is definitely illegal to set up an order on the front end of a website and process the payment using your own payment processor.
    No it's not illegal IF you do it properly with the MOTO option. You need to make sure you have a MOTO merchant account with your bank (some need a separate merchant account for this, other merchant accounts will let you use the same number for e-commerce and MOTO). Then when you configure your payment account in your Bluepark control panel (site:configuration: payment: sagepay - as an example for someone using sagepay) there should be a checkbox "have MOTO account". When this box is ticked, AND you use the MOTO remote control feature, Bluepark will cleverly let your processor (e.g Sagepay) know that this was a MOTO transaction so they can use the appropriate merchant account number and recognise it as not being a standard e-commerce transaction.

But you're absolutely right that to use the front end website as though you were the customer is bad. I'm not 100% sure if it's illegal but it is most likely in breech of your merchant's Ts&Cs and if you got caught you'd be in big trouble.

I was thinking that people were just using it without having the correct access. I know full well that on EKM many shop owners ordered goods for customers and paid for them as if they were customer.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyGirl View Post
    I was thinking that people were just using it without having the correct access. I know full well that on EKM many shop owners ordered goods for customers and paid for them as if they were customer.
    Was that because there wasn't a good MOTO feature on EKM like there is on Bluepark?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasMurray View Post
    Was that because there wasn't a good MOTO feature on EKM like there is on Bluepark?
    No it was because they didn't have the correct merchant account!

Apologies for joining the thread late, but does the MOTO function allow you to do away with a Virtual Terminal, and as such, any requirement for extra PCI compliance, or would that still need to be completed?

MOTO is a fantastic feature that we would be lost without, we take many orders over the phone using this. It also enables us to take orders on site and then process a proper VAT order when we get back to the office, all emailed to the customer looking nice and professional.
    I will add that we only use this for direct payments to us via cheque/bank transfer and no card details are ever taken. We are always getting customers saying how easy and quick it is.

Thanks guys, I get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by little-linguist View Post
    No it's not illegal IF you do it properly with the MOTO option. You need to make sure you have a MOTO merchant account with your bank (some need a separate merchant account for this, other merchant accounts will let you use the same number for e-commerce and MOTO). Then when you configure your payment account in your Bluepark control panel (site:configuration: payment: sagepay - as an example for someone using sagepay) there should be a checkbox "have MOTO account". When this box is ticked, AND you use the MOTO remote control feature, Bluepark will cleverly let your processor (e.g Sagepay) know that this was a MOTO transaction so they can use the appropriate merchant account number and recognise it as not being a standard e-commerce transaction.

But you're absolutely right that to use the front end website as though you were the customer is bad. I'm not 100% sure if it's illegal but it is most likely in breech of your merchant's Ts&Cs and if you got caught you'd be in big trouble.
    I was reading this with great interest but wondered does anyone know if Secure Trading works in the same way as Sagepay? I don't have a checkbox "have Moto Account" in the payment configuration on BP.

Anyone use Secure Trading and Moto?
    Thanks
    Kim