Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sage Pay Virgin !!

Default Sage Pay Virgin !!

Hi

I am looking at setting up sage pay as a payment gateway.

Anybody know if there is anything I should know or need before I go ahead?

Cheers
    Joe

Stay a Virgin, do not use them, for my full time job I work for a company who have an enterprise account and they can't even get things right with top tier customer support. You will experience down time, an almost constant degraded service and they either don't care or don't know what they are doing. Secure trading is the way forward.

That is certainly not my experience of them. Granted a few years ago they had a few problems during the peak xmas weeks, but the last couple of years have been smooth running. I have always found customer support quick, whereas when I looked at secure trading with the intentions of moving, I was told something different by everyone.

I would have the merchant account separate, probably with your bank.
    Regards

Neil.

Neil

Their own status update twitter account is a contradiction of your post https://twitter.com/System_SagePay and believe me, they do not post anywhere near all of them. Having said that unless you have high volumes of sales you may not realise how bad it actually is. Support maybe quick but the script is always the generic unhelpful garbage.

Some new online business's cannot always obtain a merchant account with a high street bank due to being a "high risk". Secure trading can boast 100% up time from the start to the present day, so I don't know why you were put off.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb123 View Post
    Neil

Their own status update twitter account is a contradiction of your post https://twitter.com/System_SagePay and believe me, they do not post anywhere near all of them. Having said that unless you have high volumes of sales you may not realise how bad it actually is. Support maybe quick but the script is always the generic unhelpful garbage.

Some new online business's cannot always obtain a merchant account with a high street bank due to being a "high risk". Secure trading can boast 100% up time from the start to the present day, so I don't know why you were put off.

Chris
    Chris, are you conected to Secure Trading in anyway?

Col.
    http://www.MyNaturalBeautySecrets.co.uk - Natural & Organic Beauty Products....and now bamboo clothing!

I've been with Sagepay for 7 years. They did have a few problems in the past, but the last few years have been very good. I have a merchant account with Bank Of Scotland and can say I have always had excellent service with any queries I have had.

We put around 30,000 transactions per year through SagePay without incident. We use Barclays as the bank. Down time is rare and if there are any major incidents, we put our contingency plan in place which is to quickly switch to manual capture and process the payments later. SagePay did have some issues two or three years ago, but no problems for ages.

There are some nice features like pre-auth which means you can defer actually taking payment until you have despatched goods. Also you can use the control panel to make repeat payments for existing customers - handy if a customer contacts you for a repeat order and you just ask them if its OK to charge the same credit card.

Col66m,

No, other than being a customer. I think that we should be sharing positive information with each other. It's all about personal experience really, I have had nightmares with Sagepay, so I would never recommend them to anyone. I think its actually very difficult to get value for money on web services, but at the moment I feel content now I've found Bluepark and using secure trading.

Chris

I've been with SagePay 2-3 years now & never had any problems & would highly recommend them.

However, this also means I have no experience on how SagePay deal with any potential problems & issues...

Many of my clients use Sagepay and receive a really good service. I've had to call them a couple of times, especially during set-up, and they're really helpful. And it integrates perfectly with Bluepark.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb123 View Post
    Neil

Their own status update twitter account is a contradiction of your post https://twitter.com/System_SagePay and believe me, they do not post anywhere near all of them.
    Hardly!! ....
    Regards

Neil.

Hardly?...

April 3rd - Service degraded
    March 7th - Service degraded
    Feb 22nd - Service degraded
    Jan 24th - Service degraded

It's rather disturbing that you fail to see that this is poor service. Have you actually used any other provider? In any case endorse away, it's only someones livelihood......

Well it certainly didn't affect payments.

No problems with sage pay , they gave me 1st 6 months free transactions. We have 5 websites that use them brilliant service. Would reccomend

Chris, do you work for secure trading ?
    Thanks

JamiQ's online

15% for BlueParkers - bluepark001

I certainly hope that Chris doesn't work for Secure Trading or I will be looking to take my business elsewhere from ST
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Shaun, i can recommend Sage Pay
    Thanks

JamiQ's online

15% for BlueParkers - bluepark001

We have been with SagePay (Formely Protx) for over 7 years now running two sites. Protx did have major problems but the service became much, much better when Sage took over. I agree its not perfect and sometimes there are issues with the admin side of things which can be a pain when trying to reconcile payments or take MOTO orders. Also very rarely there can be problems with time-outs when customers try to pay but for the price we have always found the service and support to be excellent.

Just to add one of the main reasons we went for SagePay was they have "The 3rd Man (T3M)" which is an extensive risk management tool.
    Regards,

Dave

Thank you very much for all your replies guys !!

Sage Pay certainly seems a favourite.

Just a quick question because I am a tad clueless on the matter.

There is mention of a merchant account, we have a physical shop and a credit/debit card terminal (streamline) with Nat west or a business account with HSBC does it mean either of these or neither?

Cheers
    Joe

Just one other thing. Could somebody tell me what an SSL certificate is?

Cheers
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Jodergas View Post
    Thank you very much for all your replies guys !!

Sage Pay certainly seems a favourite.

Just a quick question because I am a tad clueless on the matter.

There is mention of a merchant account, we have a physical shop and a credit/debit card terminal (streamline) with Nat west or a business account with HSBC does it mean either of these or neither?

Cheers
    Joe
    Streamline is your merchant account in that case. Think of SagePay as your terminal machine. Speak to Streamline and explain you are setting up with SagePay and they will either give you another merchant ID number or configure your existing account so you can plug Sagepay into it. You then give this info to SagePay for them to connect.