Thread: Order error by international customer

Default Order error by international customer

Hi there

I just wondered if anyone could give me some advice... we have just despatched an order to Austria but have now received an email from the customer cancelling the order because it was a mistake. The package has now gone and I don't quite know whether to process a refund and ask for it to be returned or advise him that it's too late, the problem is that the postage cost was pretty high... we haven't had this type of scenario happen before, any suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance
    Laura

www.looptheloop.org.uk

Personally i would inform the customer it is to late to cancel, although he may return the goods for a refund of the item cost
    Thanks

JamiQ's online

15% for BlueParkers - bluepark001

I would offer a refund once the item has been returned. That is fair and afterall you are running a business and shouldn't be expected to pay for a customers mistakes.

Hope that helps.

Col.
    http://www.MyNaturalBeautySecrets.co.uk - Natural & Organic Beauty Products....and now bamboo clothing!

Just remember, the online selling regs doesn't apply so you don't have to refund any postage costs or anything like that.

Thanks guys for your advice, think I will go with your suggestions and only refund the product if it's returned.

Does your shipping method offer free returns? As in, if the customer doesn't accept the item will come straight back to you?

I know a lot of couriers off this, if yours does then you can tell them the best thing to do is to refuse the delivery, the item will then come back to you & you can refund them for the item only.

That way there's only 1 delivery charge that's been wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyGirl View Post
    Just remember, the online selling regs doesn't apply so you don't have to refund any postage costs or anything like that.
    I believe the DSR's apply to all EU States including Austria.
    John Ayres

Agree with John, the DSR's do apply EU wide, as they are from an EU directive.

Just tell the customer that due to your efficient service the parcel has already been despatched, however if when they receive it it is not what they want then they are fine to return the items to receive a refund.
    The New Zealand Honey Shop
    real goodness from mother nature