Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: rel="publisher"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,978

    Default rel="publisher"

    I am trying to work out this whole rel=author and rel=publisher thing. One website says the rel=publisher should be entered in the head section of the homepage only.

    Does anyone know if this is right please and how to do that on BP? Thanks.

    Also, if that is correct, I was thinking of using this code in the homepage header:

    <link href="https://plus.google.com/xxx" rel="publisher"/>

    Does that seem right?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wakefield
    Posts
    124

    Default

    looks good to me if you're placing it in the head, I have both publisher and author in my head section to cover all bases, there because that's where I've always had them in the past,
    I would follow the guide in site > configuration > site options if someone could be so kind as to extol the virtues of it being placed in a file in the root directory, and elaborate a little along the way
    Don't follow me on Twitter - You have been warned.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Thanks. I wondered about doing that but think I will pick and choose what I claim as authorship and cover everything with publisher.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianRobinson View Post
    I would follow the guide in site > configuration > site options if someone could be so kind as to extol the virtues of it being placed in a file in the root directory, and elaborate a little along the way
    I think you are getting confused. That is for your Google verification file, to prove you own the site when you sign up for tools/analytics.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wakefield
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    I think you are getting confused. That is for your Google verification file, to prove you own the site when you sign up for tools/analytics.
    Ha! totally off base, sorry bout that :-)
    Don't follow me on Twitter - You have been warned.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wakefield
    Posts
    124

    Default

    No detriment to BP if you claim authorship, you are claiming authorship of content.
    better explained from Google's side by: if I write a book, who's the author?, me or the company that supplied the paper...
    Don't follow me on Twitter - You have been warned.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    No, I didn't mean anything to do with BP. What I mean is I prefer to pick and choose with regards author but for publisher that is always my site so I am happy to put that in the head of all pages. Author I am going to save for blogs and articles that are totally authored by me. So what I mean is I won't be putting rel=author in the head of my entire site like you said you had

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wakefield
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deefer View Post
    No, I didn't mean anything to do with BP. What I mean is I prefer to pick and choose with regards author but for publisher that is always my site so I am happy to put that in the head of all pages. Author I am going to save for blogs and articles that are totally authored by me. So what I mean is I won't be putting rel=author in the head of my entire site like you said you had
    true but our store has my mug alongside the listing, I'm a reluctant prostitute but still a prostitute by any other name
    Don't follow me on Twitter - You have been warned.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Hahhaha, like it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us

Bluepark's ecommerce software is developed, hosted and supported exclusively by ourselves, here in the UK, and has been so since the company was initially formed in 2004. Your brand new online shop will be hosted securely on our fast and reliable server network, using a domain name of your choice, providing the ability to build and maintain your ecommerce website, and manage your orders, from any location via your own secure online Administration Console.

A Bluepark ecommerce site is the perfect tool for selling online, whether you're selling physical products, digital downloads or services. You'll be in good company with over 1,000 UK customers who also form a friendly and helpful online community, further strengthening our highly acclaimed support network.

Find us on...