Thread: Add to Basket and Preorder button colour

Default Add to Basket and Preorder button colour

HI all

Can't believe how good Bluepark is compared to EKM. I finally feel I have full control over my site, and can do everything I need to do. Only a shame I never found it a couple of years ago!!

Being fussy now, but does anyone know if its possible to change the colour of the preorder button, so that it is different to the colour of the add to basket button.

About 70-80% of my sales are preorder, and it would be great if the buy buttons had a very different look about them. It is possible to change one without the other changing as well

Cheers for any help

Wayne
    www.staractionfigures.co.uk

you need to replace the preorder.gif file in the template and change it to one of a different colour (if you can't do graphics have a look through the the other templates and find one you like and use that)
    Gerard

http://www.caressa.co.uk

10% discount for Blueparkers - use couponcode bluepark13

This is the same question I have!

But where to I find the existing preorder.gif file (not inthe templates directory). I tried taking a screenshot, changing the colour, saving it, and uploading it but the size was wrong. I think it's something to do with the browserscaling or whatever.

Any idea where to find the .gif file? or is there a different way to do it now (I notice the thread is 5 years old, things may have changed!)

I'm using the tools-r-us template

(www.nerfherder.co.uk)

Quote Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
    Any idea where to find the .gif file? or is there a different way to do it now (I notice the thread is 5 years old, things may have changed!)
    Things must have changed since then as the 'add to basket' and 'pre-order' buttons no longer use images - instead they are now made purely with HTML & CSS.

Unfortunately as they both share the same HTML class identifier you can't target each button individually, so you wouldn't be able to change the colour of one without also changing the colour of the other.

Mike

But there is an option to replace the button with a gif, so I guess I just need to figure out the size of the button, which is easier said than done. I don't know if it's win 10 or the latest version of the browsers, but the old trick of taking a screenshot, pasting it into mspaint to find the size no longer seems to work. Even with the browser zoom set 100% when I do this and load the button into the template, it's much bigger than the button it replaces...?

Using Inspect Element in Firefox suggests the Small Add to Basket button is 120 x 30 but I'm not sure if that's a responsive size, I haven't looked at the template you've used.

In the template editor, under the forms tab, does it give you the default sizes for the standard and small size buttons? Hopefully it's not just 'auto', which is one of the dimensions in a different template I just looked at
    Lisa

www.digitalcolourservices.co.uk

A top quality Professional Print Service for Artists and Photographers

• Giclιe Printing • Canvas Printing • Custom Greetings Cards • Envelopes • Cellophanes • Invitations • Photo Gifts etc.

I've just had a quick look at this on your site and Lisa is right - the button size you'll need to create is 120px (wide) x 20px (deep) - just to confirm these buttons are of fixed size/non-responsive.

However, your buttons at the moment actually appear wider than this because of the the quantity field attached to it. Be aware though that with this current set-up uploading the new button will render it non-clickable until you change the option to move the quantity field ABOVE the button. Doing this will then make the 'add to basket' button a true 120px x 20px size to match the new 'pre-order' button you've created.

Another thing to be aware of for the same reason I previously mentioned (that the 'add to basket' button and 'pre-order' button share the same HTML class identifier) is that you won't be able to add any fancy CSS effects on mouse hover - it will just remain as is.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Using Inspect Element in Firefox suggests the Small Add to Basket button is 120 x 30 but I'm not sure if that's a responsive size, I haven't looked at the template you've used.

Thanks, 120 x 30 is the correct size.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    However, your buttons at the moment actually appear wider than this because of the the quantity field attached to it. Be aware though that with this current set-up uploading the new button will render it non-clickable until you change the option to move the quantity field ABOVE the button. Doing this will then make the 'add to basket' button a true 120px x 20px size to match the new 'pre-order' button you've created.

This is somewhat problematic. On the product page this is not an issue as the QTY is already above the button and the new button works. On the catalogue page though they are side by side, except with the uploaded button the qty doesn't display and the button doesn't work.

I couldn't find an option to move the QTY above the button? All I could find in config was an option to remove the QTY altogether. Except that only removes it from the (working) product page, but not the (non-working) catalog page!

So I'm not really sure how to split the QTY and the PREORDER button? I looked in the custom html (Product list cell (multi-column)) but couldn't find a way to split them on a preorder item...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Another thing to be aware of for the same reason I previously mentioned (that the 'add to basket' button and 'pre-order' button share the same HTML class identifier) is that you won't be able to add any fancy CSS effects on mouse hover - it will just remain as is.
    Yes the mouse over doesn't change the colour as with the regular button.

Quote Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
    I couldn't find an option to move the QTY above the button? All I could find in config was an option to remove the QTY altogether. Except that only removes it from the (working) product page, but not the (non-working) catalog page!
    Give this a try...

Go to 'Template Editor', click on the 'Forms' tab and then scroll down to the section 'Small add to basket button size:' Now look for 'Enhance quantity field:' and select 'Yes, above button' - remember to save afterwards.

Mike

Also, it would appear that changing the button from code to an image has also changed the HTML class, so you might be able to get a basic hover effect after all on the 'Preorder' button on the catalogue page.

Try adding the following code to the additional CSS field:

Code:
    .action { transition: 0.10s ease-in-out; }

.action:hover { opacity: 0.7; }

That's great - thanks for all your help on this. On our new website there is a lot of pre-order stuff so it's good to make then stand out a bit with different coloured buttons.

Hopefully this will also help anyone who wants to do the same thing.