Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOTO order for returning customers without account

Perfect, cheers. Changed to auto account creation.

Thanks so much for the input

Quote Originally Posted by Work-wearUK View Post
    personally I don't think creating an account is a trust issue , it is more that I just cant be bothered. There is a sigma with creating an account that it is going to take long than it does. In truth i takes about 20 seconds longer to type to passwords in. If you had a trust issue with a site you wouldn't purchase from them anyway.
    I meant a trust issue with regards to newsletters, spam, etc. Not a trust issue as to whether you should be shopping on the website at all.

But I agree the main reason is people really can't be bothered, even though there's only 1 extra field to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasMurray View Post
    I meant a trust issue with regards to newsletters, spam, etc. Not a trust issue as to whether you should be shopping on the website at all.

But I agree the main reason is people really can't be bothered, even though there's only 1 extra field to complete.
    I agree 100%, I've abandoned orders at checkout for this reason. Laziness or the assumption that I'll be added to a mailing list

Hi Zen
    as someone said previously, type the customer's email into the box where the moto@email address appears and you can create the user there. The problem with putting in an order as though you are the customer is when you get to the payment details as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hi Zen
    as someone said previously, type the customer's email into the box where the moto@email address appears and you can create the user there. The problem with putting in an order as though you are the customer is when you get to the payment details as I recall.
    The thread starter is talking about when customers order for a 2nd time, once they've already checked out as a guest before.

There's no easy way of copying their previous order information to their new order, you have to type everything again, even if you're an admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Work-wearUK View Post
    personally I don't think creating an account is a trust issue , it is more that I just cant be bothered. There is a sigma with creating an account that it is going to take long than it does. In truth i takes about 20 seconds longer to type to passwords in. If you had a trust issue with a site you wouldn't purchase from them anyway.
    I agree.
    We've now got rid of the guest checkout and no one has complained. It certainly makes life easier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Overland View Post
    I agree.
    We've now got rid of the guest checkout and no one has complained. It certainly makes life easier for me.
    Out of interest has this had any impact on your conversion rate?
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Overland View Post
    I agree. We've now got rid of the guest checkout and no one has complained. It certainly makes life easier for me.
    In case you missed the update, you can convert a guest order to a user account very easily. Order Processor, small edit button next to the name and address, the button you need is then at the bottom of the page - instant user!
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

We have an issue processing MOTO orders where returning customers do not say they have an account when they do. At checkout when we add the email address which come up that it already exists we have to start again. This is very clumsy and customers get annoyed that they have to wait while we search for their account and then go through what items are in the basket yet again.

There must be a way of retrieving the account automatically for admins.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg View Post
    We have an issue processing MOTO orders where returning customers do not say they have an account when they do. At checkout when we add the email address which come up that it already exists we have to start again. This is very clumsy and customers get annoyed that they have to wait while we search for their account and then go through what items are in the basket yet again.

There must be a way of retrieving the account automatically for admins.
    spot-on. And even worse when the customer is ordering themselves. As I have said numerous time on here, customer should not be compelled to login to order.