Thread: How to set up User Groups?

Default How to set up User Groups?

I'm wanting to set up for a specific group of people to be granted a percentage discount on all purchases - I read that this is possible, but for the life of me can't see how to do it.

My site isn't live yet, by the way - although it's been several months since I first signed up, I was pulled away by family issues and only now getting back into it, so am still very much a novice. Apologies if this is something REALLY obvious that I am missing, and thanks in advance.

Julie

Set up the discount first ... Call it what you like (let's say "Family") ... under Catalogue > Discount Manager. Leave it as inactive, with threshold on value, and then put your percentage discount, 20% or whatever, in Thresholds.

Then set up a User Group under Users > User Groups - call it "Horrid Relations" or whatever again, and under Private Discounts assign "Family". If you have products you don't want to include in the offer, then assign them in Pricing Exceptions.

PM me if you get stuck, but it's quite easy really!

Hi Chris, thanks so much for your reply. I thought it would be easy too, but either I am looking in the wrong places or maybe it's something that doesn't work until a site is live? I don't see Discount Manager anywhere, and under Users I have only User Manager, Admin Manager and Site Statistics.

Hi,

I suspect the problem may be because you are on the entry level Retail Park version of BP ? If so discounts and other things are not available

http://www.bluepark.co.uk/ecommerce-software.html
    Regards,

Dave

Dave has beaten me to it ....

Oh, yes, darn it! Thanks Dave and Chris - I guess I have some thinking to do on that one.

Thanks again, kind people, I have upgraded - swift and (relatively!) painless and just followed Chris's instructions which got my user group all set up in a flash. Hoping I might manage to get my site running live sometime over this weekend.

I want to do a similar thing, but how do I bulk add users to a user group...?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarGames View Post
    I want to do a similar thing, but how do I bulk add users to a user group...?
    Think the only way this could be done, would possibly be to download your customer list, edit as required and re-upload!

Otherwise, it would be just assigning individually I think.

thanks. I ended up exporting the users from user manager, then changing in excel, then re-importing (while be careful to untick the notify customer button!)