Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: google product reviews

Default google product reviews

Our customer reviews are no longer showing up in google search. Has anyone else got that issue?
    Gerard

http://www.caressa.co.uk

10% discount for Blueparkers - use couponcode bluepark13

Yes they went a week or 2 ago,
    Graham
    Fields of Blue Group
    Fields of Blue - Lighting

Don't know why, seo people busy doing other things so haven't had a chance to dig deeper yet.
    Graham
    Fields of Blue Group
    Fields of Blue - Lighting

Mine are still showing.

ours are still there

Mine haven't been showing for a while. I have no idea how I can rectify this. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Col.
    http://www.MyNaturalBeautySecrets.co.uk - Natural & Organic Beauty Products....and now bamboo clothing!

I got this reply from google

Thank you for your interest in rich snippets for your website. Unfortunately, we can’t display rich snippets for your site caressa.co.uk because of the following issue(s):

1. HIDDEN MARKUPS
    Your content is marked up for rich snippets, but that content isn’t actually visible on the page itself. In general, Google won't display any content in rich snippets that human visitors can’t see.

Here’s an example of the hidden content we found on your site:

URL: http://www.caressa.co.uk/classic-nig...short-set.html
    Markup Type: Product, Reviews
    Hidden content:

<span itemprop="offers" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer"><meta itemprop="price" content="39.99"><meta itemprop="priceCurrency" content="GBP"><meta itemprop="itemCondition" content="new"><link itemprop="availability" href="http://schema.org/InStock"><input type="image" src="/user/templates/caressa[1]/add.gif" value="Add to Bag" alt="Add to Bag" style="padding: 0px" onclick="doBasket('/classic-nightwear/irall-abigail-short-set.html', jQuery('form[name=details]').serialize() + '&amp;addajax=1'); return false;"></span>

2. Review content hidden inside tabbing structure-
    Looking at your usage of structured data markup, we found that the markup was used on pages that whose content is shown in “tabs”, and the markup was for content in a tab that is hidden by default. Hidden markup is against our guidelines.

Marked-up content needs to be visible when the page loads for your site to be eligible for rich snippets in our search results.

So it looks like reviews are either going to have to be in the first tab or in separate block - which is fine for products which have reviews but looks horrible for the rest
    Gerard

I've been looking into this and it appears that Google is unable to accept the 'star' rating as a review rating for Rich Snippets, I have taken off tabbed reviews and show them on the product page so that they cannot be counted as 'Hidden Text' and now I have been trying every which way to get the review ratings tagged as such with Data Highlighter to by pass BP's rich snippet setup.
    Google refuses to accept that the BP review rating is valid and I do not know what else to try.
    Has anyone any experience of the format that Google expects the review rating to be in to qualify for tagging?
    Everything else works with Data Highlighter but not the important one of Review Rating, wierd.
    John Ayres

I don't think it looks too bad for products without reviews - mine just says Be the first to Write a Review for this item!

Have you tried the Structured Data Testing Tool? (Other Resources)
    My few reviews and ratings are getting picked up fine by this apparently. I have now moved the reviews out into a block of their own just in case. I think it looks alright and, although I also have the star rating just under the price, I think it will help to be noticed by customers.

Ben
    Bloobry -10% code: BP10

Found this one really interesting, not come across it before. Noted, thanks!

According to the guidelines they will take manual action "Marking up content that is in no way visible to users." - That's very different to making it available when the page loads. I didn't read all the more detailed stuff but on the face of it tabbed pages don't seem to be a major issue (clearly they are however..)

I must admit after reading this I have removed all the tabs and now just have product info and reviews on the product pages

Quote Originally Posted by clive View Post
    I must admit after reading this I have removed all the tabs and now just have product info and reviews on the product pages
    I removed the review tab and replaced it with a block, but now have found that the block is not showing on any of the items I have created since. Have you noticed that?
    Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by gerarda View Post
    I removed the review tab and replaced it with a block, but now have found that the block is not showing on any of the items I have created since. Have you noticed that?
    No Gerard I've not had that problem
    Clive

Hi - just bumping this again. I've found that all my reviews are now not showing on organic search. They were at the time this post was originally active. Have just tried to manually highlight the data in webmaster tools but its not recognising the reviews as reviews.
    When searching for fairly common products, I've noticed in our sector that there is only one competitor still showing reviews.
    Do we know if this is an industry wide issue or something specific to BP?
    Melanie

My product reviews have all gone from organic and google shopping (via review centre). I think google have dropped all reviews which are not guaranteed to be genuine purchases. The only reviews I have now are coming via amazon

Likewise - most of my clients' reviews have gone. I also tried data highlighter in Webmaster tools and it won't accept the 'ratings' as either ratings or votes.

This was a problem for us some time ago, when we put the reviews into tabs, since we have them on the page again it seems to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by jhpe07 View Post
    This was a problem for us some time ago, when we put the reviews into tabs, since we have them on the page again it seems to be ok.
    I've just looked at your Google results - screenshot attached.
    screenshot-2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    google shopping (via review centre).
    Google has ended their agreement with Review Centre which would explain why these have dropped. You need to be using the likes of Ekomi, TrustPilot, Feefo or Reviews.co.uk which are all paid services.

Presumably, Google is implying that Review Centre is less trustworthy as a review source.
    Regards,

Dave