Thread: Product Variables in Blocks

Default Product Variables in Blocks

We would quite like to show exact quantites of stock of a particular product to our trade customers in a side block on the product page. I think the variable is %product_quantity .... It should change of course as the variant is selected.

Does anybody know if this is possible, (I feel it must be somehow), and what the syntax in html might be?

Or am I pushing my luck?!

Quote Originally Posted by CLO View Post
    We would quite like to show exact quantites of stock of a particular product to our trade customers in a side block on the product page. I think the variable is %product_quantity .... It should change of course as the variant is selected.

Does anybody know if this is possible, (I feel it must be somehow), and what the syntax in html might be?

Or am I pushing my luck?!
    Can you not just choose the option to always show stock levels to customers? Then instead of it saying "In stock", it would say "In stock, 24 remaining".

That would be a much easier solution surely? It's in the Configuration options > Product Page > Quantity in stock description

Yes, thanks, Thomas ... but we do not want to have that option for normal visitors, just for Trade Customers.

You'll probably need to add an 'if' statement to your code or similar.

Speak to Rich, James or Kate, sure they'll be able to help you out.
    Dave

www.thecartridgekingdom.co.uk - For all your inkjet & laser toner cartridges.
    www.designedbyfitzy.co.uk - Personalised clothing for all your needs, personal & business, Sign Making/Writing for both office & company vehicles.

Thanks, Dave ... I've tried [IF product_quantity]%product_quantity[/IF] : I feel I am just missing something.

I've already bothered Rich and James today, so thought I'd try the massed intelligence of the BP community brain!

I'm pretty sure variables won't work in blocks.

Thanks, Greg ... I rather think that too. Not the end of the world, but I'd like to have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by CLO View Post
    Thanks, Dave ... I've tried [IF product_quantity]%product_quantity[/IF] : I feel I am just missing something.

I've already bothered Rich and James today, so thought I'd try the massed intelligence of the BP community brain!
    How do your trade customers view your site, do they have to login?

If so you need the 'if' statement to work only when a customer logs in etc.

Sorry but I'm useless with 'if' statements, you'll need someone who's a guru with HTML like Elliott Coleman or search online. But there's bound to be someone on here who can help you out eventually. I'm pretty sure it can be done, it's either an 'if' statement or maybe a jquery might work as well.
    Dave

www.thecartridgekingdom.co.uk - For all your inkjet & laser toner cartridges.
    www.designedbyfitzy.co.uk - Personalised clothing for all your needs, personal & business, Sign Making/Writing for both office & company vehicles.

Yes, they have to log in, and then special trade discounts are automatically shown on product pages, and Trade only information is shown in a block on the left. These accounts have to be applied for of course.

I'm not that fussed if I can't do it! (But I'd like to ...)