Thread: Quickbooks

Default Quickbooks

Really want to use the cloud version of QuickBooks. Has anyone tried it yet with the new API?

Can i ask why you want to use the cloud version?
    Thanks

JamiQ's online

15% for BlueParkers - bluepark001

I need access on various PCs, home and work.

from what i have gathered from quickbooks online is that it doesn't give you the same functionality as the desktop version, what version are you running?
    Thanks

JamiQ's online

I don't run it, that's the whole point! I can ONLY have an online accounts system. I am very mobile!

have a look at clearbooks, i think it is better online solution
    Thanks

JamiQ's online

Quote Originally Posted by PartyGirl View Post
    Really want to use the cloud version of QuickBooks. Has anyone tried it yet with the new API?
    Alison, I've already asked about quickbooks cloud/online version and Richard said they don't support it unfortunately, only the desktop version. Richard said it's totally different system compared to the desktop version.
    Dave

www.thecartridgekingdom.co.uk - For all your inkjet & laser toner cartridges.
    www.designedbyfitzy.co.uk - Personalised clothing for all your needs, personal & business, Sign Making/Writing for both office & company vehicles.

Not sure if it helps but I have given up with Quickbooks desktop due to the lack of mobility and switched everything to Xero. It currently doesn't link with BP but it does have a really good API so I am hoping in the future we can tie this up.

Works really well and would recommend it - plenty of other cloud accounting solutions around though (took nearly 3 months of trials to work out which one we were going to go with)
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by handlehub View Post
    Not sure if it helps but I have given up with Quickbooks desktop due to the lack of mobility and switched everything to Xero. It currently doesn't link with BP but it does have a really good API so I am hoping in the future we can tie this up.

Works really well and would recommend it - plenty of other cloud accounting solutions around though (took nearly 3 months of trials to work out which one we were going to go with)
    Hi Shaun,

We are looking to change from QB because we are nearly reaching our customer limit of 14500 since we started using QB.

Can I ask how you are importing orders from Bluepark into Xero?

Regards

Michael - www.ourweigh.co.uk

Hi Michael,

At the moment we do it manually - main advantage I have now though is that I can add the orders even when I am out of the office which is a major help.

We are looking at the CSV import file as well for Xero but I am hoping that there will be a brightspark developer who will help us with an API integration.
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

We are in the process of signing up with Sage One Accounts which is cloud based. Much better than anything else we have tried plus being Sage you can set it to automatically import from SagePay for payments made on your website.
    Regards,

Dave

We have just switched to Quickbooks Online Essentials. Compared to other systems we have used and trialled we feel it:
    a) runs on Mac without Parallels ( as do other SaaS packages, but compared to QB desktop version)
    b) and on mobile devices
    c) imports paypal expenses automatically
    d) ditto bank & credit card transactions
    e) Is really easy to use even though we have limited accounting knowledge

BUT

a) It imports paypal transaction net of PP charges which is a PITA, so we are adding them manually at present
    b) Can't yet import from BP in any way, so we are having to manually reenter order details. Another PITA, although a CSV importer exists in the US, and is due for the UK version of QB shortly. An API hook would be nice, but haven't a clue where to start!

Ben
    Bloobry -10% code: BP10

Shaun I really like the way you've done your basket.

Would you mind sharing how you got the 'Share on Facebook' button to trigger the discount?

Its something I'd like to try and implement on my own site.

Many Thanks,
    -Set

Hi Set,

Thanks, we setup a new discount code as "fbshare" and set requires FB share as "Yes, Post General Message".

The qualifying threshold was setup as percentages and then added an upsell message of "Get a 1% Discount Just For Sharing Us On Your Facebook Profile!" and I think that was it - hope it helps
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Hi Set,

Thanks, we setup a new discount code as "fbshare" and set requires FB share as "Yes, Post General Message".

The qualifying threshold was setup as percentages and then added an upsell message of "Get a 1% Discount Just For Sharing Us On Your Facebook Profile!" and I think that was it - hope it helps
    Hi Shaun,

I went to the discounts page and started to create a new discount.
    No where do I see an option to set the discount type to 'fbshare'. Is this something special to only you account?
    Or is this option not on the create a new discount screen?

Many Thanks,
    -Set

Hi Michael,

At the moment we do it manually - main advantage I have now though is that I can add the orders even when I am out of the office which is a major help.

We are looking at the CSV import file as well for Xero but I am hoping that there will be a brightspark developer who will help us with an API integration.
    We have done some work with both the BP API and the Xero API. We were actually building an integration between Xero and Sage CRM, copying customers from Xero into Sage CRM on an on-demand basis. Our BP API work has involved downloading order and customer lists from BP.

We are not a software house and use in-house developers to integrate our corporate systems with various web based APIs that our operating companies use. Am happy to provide sample C# code for the BP, Xero or Sage CRM APIs but can't really offer any support or development services.

Hi,

Our company has a working QuickBooks Online UK connector. Check out Cloud Cart Connector.