Thread: New Feature Request - Sales data in product export

Question New Feature Request - Sales data in product export

I know that a new supplier management feature is on Rich's (long) list of projects. In the meantime there is one change that may be quick to implement and I would find really useful.

On the product export feature, I would love to be able to display sales quantity for a given period for each variant. We spend a lot of time analysing sales data and tranposing that to a stock report in order to work out replenishment volumes. If we could get the system to export this figure it would be extremely helpful. Obviously the data is there, but I have no idea however if the database structure would allow it to be done easily.

What I would like to be able to do is specify a date range in the export, in order to choose the timescale of sales reported.

Would this be possible Rich? Do others think it would be useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I know that a new supplier management feature is on Rich's (long) list of projects. In the meantime there is one change that may be quick to implement and I would find really useful.

On the product export feature, I would love to be able to display sales quantity for a given period for each variant. We spend a lot of time analysing sales data and tranposing that to a stock report in order to work out replenishment volumes. If we could get the system to export this figure it would be extremely helpful. Obviously the data is there, but I have no idea however if the database structure would allow it to be done easily.

What I would like to be able to do is specify a date range in the export, in order to choose the timescale of sales reported.

Would this be possible Rich? Do others think it would be useful?
    We have been down a similar route before where people wanted an account package integrated into BP.

This information can be gained through analytics if you set it up properly.

Bluepark is a product for you to sell on the web. If you want reports then learn Excel and analytics, if you want accounts then use quick books or Sage, if these packages are not good enough then go to the next level and get an API written as that what it was built for.

Developing Bluepark to be a better product for online sales is a better use of of Rich's time than this.
    Chris

I can see why people would want this, I'm pretty good with excel so not a biggie for me I'm afraid.

For us we're eagerly anticipating the mobile version which I see as being a bigger priority, but each business is different and I can see why it'd be important for you. I'm sure there are off the shelf programs out there you could dump your export data into which'd do what you want pretty easily
    www.order-flowers.co.uk

Please give us a follow on Google+ We'll follow you back

Getting Universal Analytics fully integrated would be a far better use of Rich's time and supply a lot more information about your customers than just sales.

The moblie version and the Ebay/Amazon integrations will get delivered much faster without loading Rich with requests which already have a solution.
    Chris

Please note my original comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    one change that may be quick to implement
    I'm not asking for a major project, just adding one export field, if it's easy to do.

If you want reports then learn Excel and analytics
    We already use analytics and excel. Having this one extra field would remove so much processing I think it's worth it.