Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Currency converter and shipping prices problems

Default Currency converter and shipping prices problems

I have searched the forums but I can't make any sense so I need explaining

I have seen a couple of bp sites that have a currency converter that changes the prices on the listings to the persons chosen currency.

i have set up some currency's on the currency manager ( and they are ticked green) and then asked a customer based in California to check the website but it still showed it in GBP, is this because I am still in beta mode.
    I understand it is only a guide but I would like to keep people on the site without having to leave to check the difference

Also is the beta mode a reason why the shipping price is not showing up when I add to cart nothing appears in the basket made to all the way to PayPal and it didn't alter the price.

it is probably easy but I have been pulling my hair out and I do not understand coding at all took me all the time to get the site set up just plain as it is
    www.bp54.betapark.co.uk

thanks

Bev

Each customer needs to manually select a different currency from GBP, there's a currency block that you can add to your website that does this the most easily.

I have looked in black manager but theres nothing for currency

Try looking for "select currency". That is what it is called on mine and I don't think it has been customised.
    Gill

Think it's called location
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Think it's called location
    You are right Dave. I think mine was changed to something more descriptive when the site was redesigned but I have just checked SPN which has not had a redesign and there it is. Block title Local Settings. Type - location.
    Gill

Thanks guys!! I would have not thought of looking there, now I just need help with the shipping problem and I may finally be ready to import

Quote Originally Posted by love thy thread View Post
    Thanks guys!! I would have not thought of looking there, now I just need help with the shipping problem and I may finally be ready to import
    With regards to shipping assume you have created via the shipping manager. Have you made sure these methods are green flagged and not red flagged ?
    Regards,

Dave

Looks like an interesting site and a good concept, I am sure my wife will be taking a closer look when you go live Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    With regards to shipping assume you have created via the shipping manager. Have you made sure these methods are green flagged and not red flagged ?
    Yes they are all flagged up green

And thank you Andrew

Don't shout at me! But have you set the countries? At this stage in developing a site even the obvious can be missed due to fatique.
    Gill

Your not kidding about the fatigue lol

I have took a screen shot , I know it is something obvious just don't know what
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your not kidding about the fatigue lol

I have took a screen shot , I know it is something obvious just don't know what
    What I meant was in the shipping categories, there is a page with all the countries you can ship to. I think if none of the boxes are ticked the shipping won't show. And have you got Display shipping charges ticked in Site>configuration>ecommerce options?
    Gill

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    What's your shipping problem?
    For some reason it doesn't show, I have the flags ticked green, selected the countries, got geolocater selected on the shipping estimator, ticked shipping charges and show subtotal box, and selected 'all -global methods' from the qualifying shipping codes. Am I missing something on the product page?

Do you have your products set as 'intangible'?

Yes on the ones I have listed I have ticked this

Yes on the ones I have listed I have ticked this
    If products are 'intangible' then shipping won't show as you won't be shipping them.

So it is not possible to have a download and physical item on one product listing for. The customer to decide which option they would prefer?

So it is not possible to have a download and physical item on one product listing for. The customer to decide which option they would prefer?
    If a product has 2 variants - a physical product and an intangible version you can tick intangible in the variants rather than on the main product Product Properties.

I'm not sure if that's what your after. If you explain exactly what you're trying to achieve I might be able to help you more.