Thread: Review prompt email

Default Review prompt email

Most product reviews are sent if the customer is prompted via email, the Bluepark post sale message is as follows:

Thank you for your recent order on our site. We hope that you are enjoying your new purchase.

We would very much appreciate any feedback you might have regarding our general service, simply reply to this e-mail and share your thoughts with us.

We hope you have fully enjoyed your shopping experience and that you return soon.

I don't really think this is helpful, yes we have customer saying thanks for good service etc but what we really want is a link back to the product(s) they have purchased with a request for a product review. Is this possible?

Chris
    Premier Bathroom Studio | http://www.premierbathroomstudio.co.uk

That is a general follow up e-mail. The feedback e-mail sends more details including the products purchased. Check your setting to see which you are sending.
    Regards,

Dave

Don't forget the variable %b ... Language manager > Email > Feedback ... and, as Dave says, check your settings too.

Ive changed it, thanks guys
    Premier Bathroom Studio | http://www.premierbathroomstudio.co.uk

Is it possible to change the time follow up emails are sent out? Our feedback rate from overseas customers is many times that of UK ones and I think it maybe because they arrive at a time when they are likely to read it, where as the UK ones are sent in the middle of the night so probably get buried in the mass of emails they wake up to.

Ideally I would like the follow up emails to be sent out at the same time as the original transaction as this is a time the customers are most likely to be online.
    Gerard

http://www.caressa.co.uk

10% discount for Blueparkers - use couponcode bluepark13

Quote Originally Posted by gerarda View Post
    Is it possible to change the time follow up emails are sent out? Our feedback rate from overseas customers is many times that of UK ones and I think it maybe because they arrive at a time when they are likely to read it, where as the UK ones are sent in the middle of the night so probably get buried in the mass of emails they wake up to.

Ideally I would like the follow up emails to be sent out at the same time as the original transaction as this is a time the customers are most likely to be online.
    Wouldn't want to take Rich away from doing more important updates but agree this would be a nice little update for the future. Think our feedback rate also suffers as a result of the follow up e-mails going out at 00:19 in the morning.
    Regards,

Dave

Was there a feature implemented to change the time of feedback e-mails due to this thread ?
    Thanks

Site > Configuration > Orders ... down there ... Feedback request e-mail (days)

Quote Originally Posted by CLO View Post
    Site > Configuration > Orders ... down there ... Feedback request e-mail (days)
    Yep that changes the number of days but it was the time of the e-mail people want to change.
    Regards,

Dave

Apologies - didn't read carefully enough ...

It's been a year since the time that "Request for Review" e-mails are sent out has been discussed ... I'd like to be able to configure this, and if not, request you do a quick survey to see what time people think the emails should go out... I, for one, would think that 21:00 would be a good time, when, usually, kids have been dispatched to bed and people are sat down mucking about with phones/tablets etc ....

Quote Originally Posted by gerarda View Post

So what is the local time your overseas customers are receiving the request for feedback emails,
    Steve.
    "Just because you seen it on the internet, does not make it true or right" -Abraham Lincoln
    www.designerpicturemounts.com Photo mounts, Heart Shaped Mounts, and many other Shaped Photo Mounts

bluepark10 -10%

The North American ones get them early evening their time - pretty ideal really for an immediate response The Australian ones midday to early afternoon - not too bad. The European and UK ones get lost in all the overnight emails they wake up to.
    Gerard

http://www.caressa.co.uk

10% discount for Blueparkers - use couponcode bluepark13

The suggestion that they get them at about the same time they ordered sounds good to me.