Thread: What have i done wrong?

Default What have i done wrong?

so the website is ready i emailed the old host that I bought my domain name to change the A record to the one that bluepark gave me.

i transferred the site to go live but now when i type in www.lovethythread.com i am getting http://bp54.lovethythread.com and the normal message 'Safari cant open the page 'bp54.lovethythread.com' because safari cant find the server for bp54.lovethythread.com'

did anyone else have the bp part of the their development site tag onto their domain name. I have no idea how to get the address to to go onto the site as it should.

i can however type in www.lovethythread.com/admin and it takes me to my admin page ok

any help i would really help as i am pulling my hair out

Bev

I'm getting the website offline page (maintenance mode). Have you unticked this in configuration > Site Options ?

yes thats what i want it to show, as I am doing a new website reveal on Sunday so I dont want my customers to see the new one till then, I cant understand why it won't show for me. I tried on my mac, iPad and phone and it is not showing that message

It can take a while for the domain to propagate around the net. Clear the cache in your browser, reboot your rooter to force a new IP address. That all helps. But it's fine for me so it looks like the A record is set correctly.

It's displaying fine for me with the maintenance message "Temporarily Unavailable. No peeking, only 2 days to go to the new website - Love thy Thread" and the correct "www" URL without the BP54

Our system could never put BP#. in front of a non-Betapark domain name. It sounds like something you tried typing in at some point that your browser has cached (saved).

Please reboot your PC/Mac and also your internet router. If that doesn't work, try accessing your site on another device, such as your phone.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

It says http://bp54.lovethythread.com but the beta park site should be http://bp54.betapark.co.uk shouldn't it - not a mixture between your domain and the beta park number?

i restarted the router and it worked and after a day it stopped saying the bp54 part too so all is well went live today and orders rolling in

Glad to hear it - good luck - and let's hope the orders keep rolling in!