Thread: Can someone check my site for me please....

Question Can someone check my site for me please....

I am orobably being totally paranoid but couild someone check my site for me and try to progess with an order to make sure they go through OK, or whethere there is something I have missed and there is a problem.

It has gone very quiet, yesterday I had 100 people look into the site (which is good for us) and still no sales. When I have checked the stats where people are online customers have put stuff in their basket but there has been no progress with them ordering so I wanted to be sure everything goes through OK. I cannot see anything specific wrong but I wanted to check that there is not something either blocking ordering on some browsers or that there is not something vague that I have missed.

I think I have a check box to make sure people read the T&C so I wondered if this is what was putting people off ordering.

Thanks.

I processed an order and got right through to the page where I was asked for my credit card details, so it worked OK up to that point.

One issue I did have was when I tried to add the "Panache Fiesta Underwired Balconette Bra in Pink Check" to the basket, which it would not do. It says there is stock, but did nothing when I added to basket, so not sure what's going on there.

Regards

Pete

Hi
    I had a go and went as far as registering as a new customer and there did not seem to be a problem. Sorry that I can't therefore solve the mystery.
    Regards
    Gill
    www.ever-so-sexy.com
    Luxury Lingerie Online

Hi,

Like Pete I managed to get all the way to the credit card payment page without getting any problems so I don't think there are any problems with the operation of your site.

Check your user manager to see if you have people who have registered but not ordered. This will show you how many people have started the checkout procedure but not ordered for some reason. The terms and conditions checkbox may confuse people especially since it opens up in another window to display.

However, I presume a majority of your visitors have not registered and have put items in their basket to see what the delivery charges are. Some could also be your competitors checking your site out as well.

Out of the 100 visitors yesterday some could have been search engines trawling your site so not all of them will have been shoppers.
    Regards,

Dave

Thanks everyone. I did not realise about search engines, that is interesting as a lot of them were from MSN Live early on Saturday morning. I've had some people register I looked at this today. I guess it might be worth removing the checkbox then and not sure what happened with the Fiesta, I will have a look at that too. I came home to an order ironically!! It is always helpful to get some other feedback and make sure there is not something that I have overlooked.

Thank you once again.

ETA: I've checked the Fiesta and it works so I was wondering if you chose a size to add Pete. If so then please let me know and I can have a check on that.

I've just removed the acceptance of T&C to see if that helps.

I also wondered if people thought my site was not secure so I have now added the SSL padlock and verification logo. Since I added that the site has got busier so I am not sure if this gives additional ranking. Strange.

Thank you once again.
    Last edited by pinkypie; 16-11-2008 at 18:50.

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieheaven View Post

ETA: I've checked the Fiesta and it works so I was wondering if you chose a size to add Pete. If so then please let me know and I can have a check on that.
    Quite right - just me being a numpty. I forgot to choose a size (not like me to miss a bra size, must be tired...)

Thanks Pete, it is working then, that is the main thing.