Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluepark Mega Update

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    - the usable width on a smartphone is around 320px.
    This is the sort of info that needs to be to hand somewhere. The issue we are having is on the discount manager some of our banners are 500px wide and they are pushing the mobile template out - if I set it to 100% will that sort my issue out as well???
    Regards

Neil.

Just had a little look at ours with the new mobile version. I need to sort out the header (too wide) and a few other bits but other than that it looks great.
    I think its a great addition. Thanks for a great update
    Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    This is the sort of info that needs to be to hand somewhere. The issue we are having is on the discount manager some of our banners are 500px wide and they are pushing the mobile template out - if I set it to 100% will that sort my issue out as well???
    Actually, the way this has been done, images should scale to fit the available space. This stops working if the images are within tables, or within a div with a fixed width, etc.

It could be that this feature hasn't been applied to the Promotion Content field in the Discount Editor - is this where you had the banner? I just had a look but couldn't find any. If you can give me an example, I'll take a look.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

The shopping basket has been massively improved in terms of its performance. Every action on the basket page, with the exception of "addition" form fields, is now an Ajax function, meaning the action is performed without reloading the page. This makes everything quick and seamless for the customer, and prevents unnecessary scrolling on mobile devices (which we'll come to later).
    Are there any plans for the addition fields to be updated also? I am very addition heavy and this would be a huge improvement.

Great update though!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The issue we are having is on the discount manager some of our banners are 500px wide and they are pushing the mobile template out - if I set it to 100% will that sort my issue out as well???
    Hi Neil,
    if it helps I've been through many shared elements (and many to go) and it makes sense to me so far to rework in %'s
    Don't follow me on Twitter - You have been warned.

We've copied over the glass template & most elements of our site are working perfectly.

However embedded videos are pushing the mobile site wider, does anyone know of an easy way to reduce embedded youtube videos to a smaller size when viewed on a mobile?

Big thanks to you Rich and to everyone else at BP who worked on this. It's clear that a lot of effort has gone into it. Good choice of solution, nicely executed. Well done guys

I have been looking at checkout on my mobile, and I think that the shipping information should 100% width, please see attached photo.photo (1).jpg

The new checkout is a huge improvement. Well done to all at Bluepark and keep up the great work.

Hi Rich - I'm struggling with the mobile on the Aban site - www.aban.co.uk - it is all being pushed wide and none of the banners seem to be shrinking? Can you let me know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aban View Post
    Hi Rich - I'm struggling with the mobile on the Aban site - www.aban.co.uk - it is all being pushed wide and none of the banners seem to be shrinking? Can you let me know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
    The banners do not shrink, only the product photos.

You will have to assign mobile only banners for your mobile template to solve this issue.
    Chris

Thanks, deep joy I spent all day yesterday doing the graphics for the main site, will have to do mobile friendly versions. Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, the slideshow block DOES scale. On your page, you have a set of images in a table with a fixed width of 800px.

I think you can see now why I said responsive sites are very difficult to create and maintain.

Rich - how do I turn off a block on a mobile but keep it on for a desk top site (using two different templates). Is that now controlled in the block manager. I have a headache today!!!

Also and please please please don't hate me for this one - the new return button in the template manager is pointing in the wrong direction.

Rich - how do I turn off a block on a mobile but keep it on for a desk top site (using two different templates). Is that now controlled in the block manager. I have a headache today!!!

Also and please please please don't hate me for this one - the new return button in the template manager is pointing in the wrong direction.
    In block manager you can select mobile blocks. Then under the tab with mobile blocks you can select the ones for your mobile site.

Press F5 on your keyboard to refresh the page and reload the icons.

Press F5 on your keyboard to refresh the page and reload the icons.
    Ah thank you so much, it doesn't take a lot to make me happy!! I know it was a daft one and really petty in light of a brilliant update but I just wasn't coping well with wrong way round icon!! That says a lot right now!

Does anyone have any idea how I can make the logo the right size? I added a new logo rather than the header I did for the main desktop site.

It would be a good idea if somebody could give a step by step guide of all the things/settings that need doing to create the mobile version rather than everybody trying to re-invent the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
    In block manager you can select mobile blocks. Then under the tab with mobile blocks you can select the ones for your mobile site.
    I can't see this - where is please?