Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bluepark Mega Update

Im also playing around with the mobile site. On iphone ios7 clicking onto Full Site version works but it doesnt work going back to mobile version for some reason. Rich are other people have this issue? Yes definately cannot get it back to mobile site even after closing browser on phone and reopening site.

Yes my site looks ok except logo needs looking at, also some of the text is squished ie line height, where it isnt on main site. Im turning off for now until I have time to look further as my company name/logo are virtually invisible currently.

Can I just say (now I've had time to really have a play) that this new mobile update is inspired. It took me a while to get my head around it but it is truly brilliant. Well done Rich and team.

Rich

I have no idea how much time you have put in to this update but my guess is that it is more than the 5 minutes it has just taken me to get a nice tidy mobile site live.

for those who have a customised site, have you just used the default version so the look is different from your normal site or have you had to make changes to the design to get it to work?

thanks in advance for any relpies
    Cheers,

Graham

www.thatscrafty.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    Im also playing around with the mobile site. On iphone ios7 clicking onto Full Site version works but it doesnt work going back to mobile version for some reason. Rich are other people have this issue? Yes definately cannot get it back to mobile site even after closing browser on phone and reopening site.
    Hi Niche, I have just tried it on ios7 and it works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thats Crafty View Post
    for those who have a customised site, have you just used the default version so the look is different from your normal site or have you had to make changes to the design to get it to work?

My custom templates were options in the drop down menu for the mobile template.

Quote Originally Posted by B1uenose View Post
    No got it setup on my site but on the BP sites I have tried it's working fine on my iphone running iOS 7.1.1
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by B1uenose View Post
    What you mean you got it to go back to main site then back to mobile site again without any problems?

What you mean you got it to go back to main site then back to mobile site again without any problems?
    It works for me. Not tried your site as don't know what it is.
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Thats Crafty View Post

Per my post a couple of pages back, we just used the basic Glass template from scratch, no customisation. It works straight away and took about 5 minutes to set up. I feel that people on smartphones just want to be able to browse easily, read the text, see the photos, contact you possibly and purchase quickly so all the whistles and bells that you would have on the full version are not required.

Works fine for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    I can't see this - where is please?
    Sorry, my bad. View your site, and select edit your home page layout. Properties, towards the bottom, a tick box "define mobile blocks". Check it. Then select "mobile blocks"

James sorted this quickly for me as follows (in case anyone else has this issue) "I increased the footer height from 350px to 370px and removed to paragraph tags from your footer content". Thanks for your help James.

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    Per my post a couple of pages back, we just used the basic Glass template from scratch, no customisation. It works straight away and took about 5 minutes to set up. I feel that people on smartphones just want to be able to browse easily, read the text, see the photos, contact you possibly and purchase quickly so all the whistles and bells that you would have on the full version are not required.
    Yes that is what I did for the Aban site, I picked a complimentary Glass colour scheme, I just did a smaller more compact logo for the mobile site, rearranged a few blocks (which were stupidly wrong on the main site as I didn't use my eyes and made my own blocks rather than use the BP standards) and it all worked beautifully first time. I also changed some of the font colours to match the site (still doing that) but mainly I'm using the template standard colours and buttons as it all just works and quickly and it is very responsive!

James sorted this quickly for me as follows (in case anyone else has this issue) "I increased the footer height from 350px to 370px and removed to paragraph tags from your footer content". Thanks for your help James.
    Yes, just to explain, if your site's footer content overruns the defined height at the top of the Footer tab, this can cause problems and overlap the link for the mobile site at the bottom. If you can't click on the link to the mobile site, try increasing your footer's defined height to accommodate your content.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    I was on glass olive for my main site, i just copied that and sorted the header (logo) and it looks ok, apart from a few images that havent scaled down enough in some of the pages (not product images).

if I were to be picky
    I'm not sure about the icon for categories, three horizontal lines is tantamount to hieroglyphics, i.e. fine if you can translate, three horizontal lines if you can't, I'd offer a better representation of a filing cabinet might visually explain the function, you know the three drawers with... handles.
    Anyway debate away, it's just a 2p.
    Don't follow me on Twitter - You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianRobinson View Post
    if I were to be picky
    I'm not sure about the icon for categories, three horizontal lines is tantamount to hieroglyphics, i.e. fine if you can translate, three horizontal lines if you can't, I'd offer a better representation of a filing cabinet might visually explain the function, you know the three drawers with... handles.
    Anyway debate away, it's just a 2p.
    Three horizontal lines is the standard for a menu icon, it's everywhere. Even in your browser window (Firefox and Chrome).
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Three horizontal lines is the standard for a menu icon, it's everywhere. Even in your browser window (Firefox and Chrome).
    you mean the three lines in the top right of chrome that used to be a gear?, yeh you beat me there Rich

(I'll settle for it though )
    Last edited by AdrianRobinson; 15-05-2014 at 18:11.
    Don't follow me on Twitter - You have been warned.