Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 234

Thread: Bluepark Mega Update

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Im also playing around with the mobile site. On iphone ios7 clicking onto Full Site version works but it doesnt work going back to mobile version for some reason. Rich are other people have this issue? Yes definately cannot get it back to mobile site even after closing browser on phone and reopening site.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Yes my site looks ok except logo needs looking at, also some of the text is squished ie line height, where it isnt on main site. Im turning off for now until I have time to look further as my company name/logo are virtually invisible currently.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Can I just say (now I've had time to really have a play) that this new mobile update is inspired. It took me a while to get my head around it but it is truly brilliant. Well done Rich and team.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Rich

    I have no idea how much time you have put in to this update but my guess is that it is more than the 5 minutes it has just taken me to get a nice tidy mobile site live.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    160

    Default

    for those who have a customised site, have you just used the default version so the look is different from your normal site or have you had to make changes to the design to get it to work?

    thanks in advance for any relpies
    Cheers,

    Graham

    www.thatscrafty.co.uk

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    Im also playing around with the mobile site. On iphone ios7 clicking onto Full Site version works but it doesnt work going back to mobile version for some reason. Rich are other people have this issue? Yes definately cannot get it back to mobile site even after closing browser on phone and reopening site.
    Hi Niche, I have just tried it on ios7 and it works fine for me.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thats Crafty View Post
    for those who have a customised site, have you just used the default version so the look is different from your normal site or have you had to make changes to the design to get it to work?

    thanks in advance for any relpies
    My custom templates were options in the drop down menu for the mobile template.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    3,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B1uenose View Post
    Hi Niche, I have just tried it on ios7 and it works fine for me.
    No got it setup on my site but on the BP sites I have tried it's working fine on my iphone running iOS 7.1.1
    Regards,

    Dave

  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B1uenose View Post
    Hi Niche, I have just tried it on ios7 and it works fine for me.
    What you mean you got it to go back to main site then back to mobile site again without any problems?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    3,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    What you mean you got it to go back to main site then back to mobile site again without any problems?
    It works for me. Not tried your site as don't know what it is.
    Regards,

    Dave

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thats Crafty View Post
    for those who have a customised site, have you just used the default version so the look is different from your normal site or have you had to make changes to the design to get it to work?

    thanks in advance for any relpies
    Per my post a couple of pages back, we just used the basic Glass template from scratch, no customisation. It works straight away and took about 5 minutes to set up. I feel that people on smartphones just want to be able to browse easily, read the text, see the photos, contact you possibly and purchase quickly so all the whistles and bells that you would have on the full version are not required.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    Im also playing around with the mobile site. On iphone ios7 clicking onto Full Site version works but it doesnt work going back to mobile version for some reason. Rich are other people have this issue? Yes definately cannot get it back to mobile site even after closing browser on phone and reopening site.
    Works fine for me too.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    I can't see this - where is please?
    Sorry, my bad. View your site, and select edit your home page layout. Properties, towards the bottom, a tick box "define mobile blocks". Check it. Then select "mobile blocks"

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    Im also playing around with the mobile site. On iphone ios7 clicking onto Full Site version works but it doesnt work going back to mobile version for some reason. Rich are other people have this issue? Yes definately cannot get it back to mobile site even after closing browser on phone and reopening site.
    James sorted this quickly for me as follows (in case anyone else has this issue) "I increased the footer height from 350px to 370px and removed to paragraph tags from your footer content". Thanks for your help James.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    Per my post a couple of pages back, we just used the basic Glass template from scratch, no customisation. It works straight away and took about 5 minutes to set up. I feel that people on smartphones just want to be able to browse easily, read the text, see the photos, contact you possibly and purchase quickly so all the whistles and bells that you would have on the full version are not required.
    Yes that is what I did for the Aban site, I picked a complimentary Glass colour scheme, I just did a smaller more compact logo for the mobile site, rearranged a few blocks (which were stupidly wrong on the main site as I didn't use my eyes and made my own blocks rather than use the BP standards) and it all worked beautifully first time. I also changed some of the font colours to match the site (still doing that) but mainly I'm using the template standard colours and buttons as it all just works and quickly and it is very responsive!

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    James sorted this quickly for me as follows (in case anyone else has this issue) "I increased the footer height from 350px to 370px and removed to paragraph tags from your footer content". Thanks for your help James.
    Yes, just to explain, if your site's footer content overruns the defined height at the top of the Footer tab, this can cause problems and overlap the link for the mobile site at the bottom. If you can't click on the link to the mobile site, try increasing your footer's defined height to accommodate your content.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

  17. #77
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KayJay View Post
    Per my post a couple of pages back, we just used the basic Glass template from scratch, no customisation. It works straight away and took about 5 minutes to set up. I feel that people on smartphones just want to be able to browse easily, read the text, see the photos, contact you possibly and purchase quickly so all the whistles and bells that you would have on the full version are not required.
    I was on glass olive for my main site, i just copied that and sorted the header (logo) and it looks ok, apart from a few images that havent scaled down enough in some of the pages (not product images).

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wakefield
    Posts
    124

    Default

    if I were to be picky
    I'm not sure about the icon for categories, three horizontal lines is tantamount to hieroglyphics, i.e. fine if you can translate, three horizontal lines if you can't, I'd offer a better representation of a filing cabinet might visually explain the function, you know the three drawers with... handles.
    Anyway debate away, it's just a 2p.
    Don't follow me on Twitter - You have been warned.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianRobinson View Post
    if I were to be picky
    I'm not sure about the icon for categories, three horizontal lines is tantamount to hieroglyphics, i.e. fine if you can translate, three horizontal lines if you can't, I'd offer a better representation of a filing cabinet might visually explain the function, you know the three drawers with... handles.
    Anyway debate away, it's just a 2p.
    Three horizontal lines is the standard for a menu icon, it's everywhere. Even in your browser window (Firefox and Chrome).
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wakefield
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Three horizontal lines is the standard for a menu icon, it's everywhere. Even in your browser window (Firefox and Chrome).
    you mean the three lines in the top right of chrome that used to be a gear?, yeh you beat me there Rich

    (I'll settle for it though )
    Last edited by AdrianRobinson; 15-05-2014 at 18:11.
    Don't follow me on Twitter - You have been warned.

Similar Threads

  1. Bluepark to Bluepark Stock Control.
    By Neil in forum Bluepark API and Developer Partners
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-12-2013, 08:37
  2. Mega Menu Update
    By jimmyservis in forum Bluepark Technical Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 12:51
  3. Bespoke Navigation Bar or Mega-Menu?
    By lasvegasfish in forum Bluepark Technical Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-03-2012, 21:57
  4. Mega dropdown menu implementation code help
    By open in forum Bluepark Technical Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 14:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us

Bluepark's ecommerce software is developed, hosted and supported exclusively by ourselves, here in the UK, and has been so since the company was initially formed in 2004. Your brand new online shop will be hosted securely on our fast and reliable server network, using a domain name of your choice, providing the ability to build and maintain your ecommerce website, and manage your orders, from any location via your own secure online Administration Console.

A Bluepark ecommerce site is the perfect tool for selling online, whether you're selling physical products, digital downloads or services. You'll be in good company with over 1,000 UK customers who also form a friendly and helpful online community, further strengthening our highly acclaimed support network.

Find us on...