Thread: Help with Header and Slideshow please

Default Help with Header and Slideshow please

Still on the trial site at the moment, but would be grateful if anyone can help me with the following:

My company logo in the header is 'hiding' behind the horizontal menu, (standard glass template). I've tried changing the size of the header and padding and taking out 3 lines of the break code in html, but can't figure out how I can move my logo up, so it's not hidden.

The other thing I can't find, is how you add text or a slogan across the slideshow images.

I'm sure I must be missing something really simple, so apologies if these seem like daft questions, but as a newbie, I'm still finding my way around.

Many thanks for your help.

I had the same issue initially. In the template editor, as well as playing with the header settings, i also changed the Navigation settings. I think i changed the ''distance from top'' setting to move the navbar down some, to allow the logo to have more space.

Regards the images and the slideshow and adding text, i build my own images with text in either photoshop, or more normally in powerpoint, group them, then save as image to desktop, then use that image for your slideshow. If your not sure how to do this, PM me and i can show you how. i use a free app on the mac called resizeit, so if you dont build and save the correct size initially, you can change it very easily to get the slideshow the size you want it.

Hi B1uenose,

Thanks for this. Changing the navigation settings as you suggested, did the trick thanks and my logo is now showing.

Not too sure about the images/text, it sounds a bit complicated for a non-techy like me! With my current set up with Actinic Online, I can edit either the images or text, (or both) within the admin web block section, so it's nice and easy to change it often, but if I have to use Powerpoint or Photoshop, I think I'd have to get someone else to do them for me.

If I do go ahead with Bluepark though and if I do have the confidence to try it myself, I'll take you up on your kind offer, thanks.

Evie
    www.expatessentials.com

No problem. It's a lot easier than you may think