Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Admin page

Default New Admin page

What's with the new look admin page showing the graphs. I'm not keen on it. I prefer the old layout with the icons. Please tell me there's a way to change it back!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
    What's with the new look admin page showing the graphs. I'm not keen on it. I prefer the old layout with the icons. Please tell me there's a way to change it back!!
    I second that!

I use the icon desktop constantly these graphs although informative can be found in Analytics easily. The graphs could be in a different area.
    Chris

Please change it back!

Glad the changes are popular!

Every other ecommerce provider presents graphs on the dashboard, nobody else displays icons, which can already be found in the menu, as we do.

To appease everyone, I'll provide an option to toggle the display type in the Admin Editor tomorrow, then everyone wins.

The default will be the new display, personally I think it's a world of improvement - but hey ho.
    Developer :: Bluepark Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Glad the changes are popular!

Every other ecommerce provider presents graphs on the dashboard, nobody else displays icons, which can already be found in the menu, as we do.

To appease everyone, I'll provide an option to toggle the display type in the Admin Editor tomorrow, then everyone wins.

The default will be the new display, personally I think it's a world of improvement - but hey ho.
    My last provider didn't. Glad you're going to give us the option to change back

The info provided isn't really what I'd have wanted to see - more like conversion %, etc.

Shame Google Analytics figures couldn't have been embedded below the icons in the page..
    Regards

Neil.

Please change this back before the morning!

Is there a problem with the admin side? Mine won't load at all. (I've probably just missed a maintenance notice )

Be great if it could show Google and Bing.I like it

Well after the initial surprise and thinking I had inadvertently clicked on the wrong thing I like the graphs. I never used the icons before as I only navigated through the top menus. But it would be nice to have conversion rate as well as traffic, but that's just me being greedy.
    Gill

The phrase that comes to mind is "if its not broke don't fix it!"

I have always said that Bluepark is a platform for selling products and it is not an account package, Analytics package or email management package. There are plenty of excellent Analytics packages available.

The time and effort spent on a couple of pointless graphs could have been better spent on other areas of BP that will make everyone money rather than looking pretty.

We have put a lot of improvements forward that will make BP even better and increase sales for everyone that are also in other providers systems but they are not getting included in any updates.
    Chris

I don't think the graphs need to be that big. I like the idea but why not put them underneath the current icons?

Ian

Have the graphs actually gone, I can't see any graphs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    Have the graphs actually gone, I can't see any graphs at all.
    They got removed late last night.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg View Post
    The phrase that comes to mind is "if its not broke don't fix it!"

I have always said that Bluepark is a platform for selling products and it is not an account package, Analytics package or email management package. There are plenty of excellent Analytics packages available.
    This,

I'm glad they have gone, what use are a bunch of graphs to general staff.

Most of my staff would not know what the graphs mean, let alone find them useful. They just need to process orders, check user accounts etc. Even though I normally use the menu bar, they generally just click on the icons.

I think having the icons stops people new to Bluepark using the menus, I have clients that totally miss areas because they rely on the icons.

Why repeat info on the front page? seems a waste of space, I'm sure staff can use dropdown menus.

Having an overview of what devices people are buying on at this point in time with the current trends seems ideal, there's plenty of smaller businesses using Bluepark that don't use any other analytics especially my bricks & mortar clients.

I'm hoping they're getting added back in somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg View Post
    The time and effort spent on a couple of pointless graphs could have been better spent on other areas of BP that will make everyone money rather than looking pretty.

We have put a lot of improvements forward that will make BP even better and increase sales for everyone that are also in other providers systems but they are not getting included in any updates.
    Everyone uses Bluepark in different ways. We have to see everyone's perspective, i.e. our entire customer base. I don't expect everyone else to do that, but we have to.

I don't know what your feelings were on the mobile update, but we've received 100% positive feedback. It's the single most popular update we've ever released, and it undoubtedly increases conversions on mobile devices. That's a recent feature that will make everyone money (and looks pretty!).

We provide statistics in tabular form already. It took a few hours yesterday to implement a solution that can enhance these with some graphs - you can't identify trends from a table. Not everyone using our software relies on Google Analytics.

The graphs haven't been retired, by the way, they'll be an option for the dashboard.

Quote Originally Posted by shelleym View Post
    I think having the icons stops people new to Bluepark using the menus, I have clients that totally miss areas because they rely on the icons.

Why repeat info on the front page? seems a waste of space, I'm sure staff can use dropdown menus.

Having an overview of what devices people are buying on at this point in time with the current trends seems ideal, there's plenty of smaller businesses using Bluepark that don't use any other analytics especially my bricks & mortar clients.

I'm hoping they're getting added back in somewhere...
    Thank you for your feedback, Shelley. That was my feeling as well. I'm constantly finding that some of our customers are literally unaware of features outside of the icons on the homepage. You wouldn't believe the number of times I've found that people don't know about Orders in Progress etc. as they're not used to the menus.

The first rule of interface design is consistency. Those icons were on the homepage of the Admin Console purely because, for 8 years, we never bothered to replace them with anything else. They're "filler", nothing more. I appreciate that some people are used to using these now, that's fair enough. They'll be optional.

We've also been asked to hide statistics for users without the relevant permissions, this is also something that needs to be done (and this was requested by one of our oldest customers!).

I'm with Shelley on this.
    I look forward to getting my graphs back. I found them very interesting and surprising to see that only just over half were desktops! I don't use analytics elsewhere nor the icons on the homepage.
    Takes all sorts as they say