Thread: Seo

Default Seo

Hi, after 8 months the only traffic i seem to be getting is from paying Google. I have checked my site with tools like Domaintools and my seo is zero. I am at a loss what to do now because i no longer want to throw money at Google.
    I sell spares and appliances and i am thinking of removing all the spares and see if things change but this will mean a big site change and new domain name but at zero ranking i have nothing to lose. Can anyone see whats wrong, i know the site is new but in 8 months i would have thought there would be some improvement.
    Thanks

Put your part numbers (as well as the brand names) in your Meta Titles.

For example, type "Hotpoint Aqualtis Washing Machine AQ113L297E" into Google and see how your competitors are doing it.

This is your product.

http://www.parts4appliances.co.uk/ho...q113l297e.html

Your Meta Title.

Code:
    <title>Hotpoint Aqualtis 11 Kg Washing Machine - Parts4appliances</title>
    Personally, I would remove the "Parts4appliances" suffix from your Meta Titles to give you more space (Site / Configuration / Site Options - "Title prefix/suffix")

Hi Red Devil,
    Thanks for the reply, i have removed the suffix and left it blank now, if i just remove all the Meta titles wouldn't the default of the page title be used and these have the model numbers in them, so would it be enough to leave them all blank.
    Cheers,
    Rijam

Quote Originally Posted by rijam View Post
    Hi Red Devil,
    Thanks for the reply, i have removed the suffix and left it blank now, if i just remove all the Meta titles wouldn't the default of the page title be used and these have the model numbers in them, so would it be enough to leave them all blank.
    Cheers,
    Rijam
    Hi Rijam

I'm not suggesting removing the Meta Titles that you have, just remove the suffix from them (which you have already done).

Each Product has its own Meta Title that you can alter at Product level through the Product Manager. I'm just suggesting that you add the Part Number to that Product Meta Title where it currently doesn't have the Product Number. Some of your products do have the Part Number already in the Meta Title.

If you leave the Meta Title blank at Product Level, it defaults to the Product Title (which a lot of people do).

I just checked your site link profile and you have very few external links and all (that I found) are "no follow". I am not suggesting you go out and get a whole load of links as that is a dangerous strategy since Google Penguin. But you could set up a Google + account and try building a "community" there. I believe that you still get one "follow" link in the Google + account, but I can't remember which one it is. If this is still the situation then you will get one high value follow link and if you post a link to your new blog content every time you post it is another way of alerting Google to your site and its activity.

Do you use Google Webmaster tools? That is a useful starting point for understanding your organic traffic.

What Red said about competitor monitoring is really sensible. Find the one closest to you in offering and research what they are doing - their social activity, use of video on site or on Youtube, link profile, added value content such as blog posts and compare.
    Gill

Thanks, i will do all of the above and i am separating the spares and the appliances to make two websites.
    Thanks

Hi, now that we have removed the suffix we are showing on Google as .COM. Why has this now changed from .co.uk
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rijam View Post
    Hi, now that we have removed the suffix we are showing on Google as .COM. Why has this now changed from .co.uk
    thanks
    Where are you seeing this? I can't see .COM

Also, it takes Google a while to re-index your new Meta Titles in their search results. The suffix is still showing in the search results.

If you type parts4appliances in Google it shows .com as main address and underneath it says .co.uk

Well we contacted Bluepark today and its a mystery why we show up as .com. James has said it looks like Google cached our site on the 1st of August but cant explain why we show as .com. So now we are at a loss

Your number one when I do a search

Is the .com appearing where the red arrow is pointing in the image?

Ian

parts.jpg

Hi,its now returned to normal,i dont know if anyone did something but its back to .co.uk
    Thanks